Chapter 18

Tanya was really getting on my nerves. She was constantly drooling on Edward. Even though he didn't say a word to her she kept talking and touching him. She only stopped when she was out of air or when she threw a glare at me. She often caught Edward sending death glares to Chase who was flirting with me nonstop and seeing that it disturbed Edward it irritated the blonde.

Alice was the only one who saw the glares, beside me and Tanya. She quickly took things in her hands and sat between Chase and me. I saw that Edward visibly relaxed.

After some time Emmett and Jasper started playing video games and the others talked or watched them.

"You cheated!" Emmett yelled angrily.

"You say this whenever I win! It's getting boring Emmett!" Jasper shot back.

"Because you always cheat!" Emmett said and pushed the cowboy by his shoulder.

"No I don't!" Jasper pushed back and Emmett needed to step back to keep his balance.

"Boys stop it! You will break something." Esme warned them but it was too late. Emmett pushed Jasper who stumbled back hitting the table behind him. I saw it in slow motion as the vase fell down and smashed into hundreds of pices. It reminded me of the female dark angel's death.

Esme gasped and Rose and Alice yelled at their husbands. Meanwhile I went to get a broom. I cleaned up the mess while the two idiot appologised.

I took the pieces out to the trash what was in the kitchen. When I was ready to go back guess who was blocking my path. Yes! You win! Tanya was standing in front of me with all her glory.

"Can I help you?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Stay away from my Eddie." She snarled and I rolled my eyes.

"If you didn't notice I wasn't in his arm reach since you arrived." I raised my eyebrows at her.

"And that will stay that way."

"Or what?" I challenged. I was really full of her.

"You will regret it." She said what I think she thought was a frightening voice.

"Yeah sure." I rolled my eyes and tried to leave but then she grabbed me by my shoulders and pushed me up against the wall with a loud thud.

I think I really hit a nerve by brushing her off because she raised one of her hands and pulled it back. Just like the dark angel tried to kill me when his hand was glowing with a purple light... She was ready to punch me but then the door opened and the others rushed in.

"What the hell?!" I heard Alice yell angrily and I saw Edward trying to kill Tanya with his gaze from behind her.

"Tanya let her go for God's sake!" Carmen said to Tanya who was so surprised that she was still holding me by the wall. She let me go and stepped back.

"It was her fault! She provoked me! You didn't hear the things she said to me!" She whined and stared at Edward. "Eddie! Do something about this witch." She said and tried to grab his hand but he stepped back.

"Get out!" He growled. The others were taken aback by Edward's harsh tone but they understood that he had enough of Tanya for the day.

"Maybe we should go for a hunting trip so everyone can calm down." Said Carlisle who tried to keep the peace. The others agreed expect Edward, Alice and me. Edward simply refused while me and Alice said we weren't thirsty.

As everyone left Edward turned to me. "Are you okay?" He asked and checked for any injury.

"Of course." I nodded with a smile on my face. He smiled back but our little world was destroyed when Alice shrieked.

We turned to her and we saw her bouncing up and down. "Sorry! Sorry, but.. It's still unbelievable that you are here! Isn't Edward?" Her smiled widened when Edward smiled back to her.

"Wait. You know it too?" He was suprised.

"You didn't hear my thoughts?" Alice frowned.

"I couldn't hear anything. All I could see in your head was blackness."

"Well it must be muted just like when we try to speak about it." I shrugged. "What did you want to tell me earlier?" I asked Edward. My question made him tense and his eyes became darker.

"It's in my room." He whispered deadly.

We went upstairs but just as we were about to enter Edward stopped me. "You promise that you won't do anything before discussing with me first, right?" He asked.

I nodded. "I promise I won't do anything till we talk about it." He nodded satisfied with himself and let us in.

When I entered I smelled human blood. I looked at Edward but he just went to the bathroom. Me and Alice followed him but he stopped at the entrance.

"What? What it is? I can't see anything." Alice pushed past us and stepped in the bathroom. I followed her and we looked around the bathroom. The smell of the blood was stronger here. Edward was still standing in the doorway.

Beside the sink I saw a paper. It was a map and the Cullens' baseball clearing was circled on it by blood.

"Edward what's this?" I asked holding up the paper. My voice snapped him out of his tense posture.

"It's gone." He mumbled.

"What's gone Edward?" I asked carefully.

"There was a body. A dead man was hanging from the cealing. His eyes were missing and there was so much blood. He wrote a massage that I should meet him or he would do the same to you. I need to meet him on the clearing." He rambled and looked around again.

"Edward are you sure? I mean there's no trace of any body beside the paper." Alice said looking around for evidences.

"I am sure Alice." He snapped. "Why do you think you smell human blood? And why would I need a map with our baseball field circled with blood on it?"

"Okay, okay. It's just... where is the body now? And who put it here?" She asked.

"He must had taken it away while we were downstairs." I said.

"And that means he must be close." Edward finished with concern in his eyes.

■■■■■

Thank you for reading it and sorry for any grammar mistake. I hope you liked it.