Chapter 9

Edward's POV:

"Alice don't worry! I am just going to the music store." I grumbled already annoyed with her.

"Okay, Edward I am just worried about you. I can't see you properly. I just see you in your room in the corner." Alice frowned and waved a last before we separated our ways. She went to the clothes shops and I went to the music store.

On the way there my mind drifted to the visions what Alice had seen about me. In the visions I was in my dark room, crying in the corner. Not much a difference what I had been doing for the last month. But the strange thing was that I wasn't crying in the room right now still Alice saw me there. It had been like that ever since Isa showed up.

Now that Alice didn't see me clearly I could easily escape and go to the volturi but that feeling was still there. It was like they denied me to go away and kill myself, like there was something still here...

But what?! Bella was gone! I should be dead too! I should be the one who is dead. But that stupid feeling was still inside my chest stopping me to kill myself. And it was there ever since Isa showed up...

Isa...

I growled when I thought about her. I hated her. She reminded me too much about her. It was painful and I didn't get it why the others couldn't see it. They were different but at the same time they could have been the same person. I knew she would accept the invitation and she would live with us. I went to hunt so I could get away from the house and from her. That was why I even let Alice to drag me away for a shopping trip. At first we wanted to go to Seattle but she had a vision that she won't have the dresses she wanted so instead we went to Port Angeles.

I reached the music store and I was about to enter when I caught a scent. It was like strawberries, roses and freesias. I knew that scent very well but it couldn't be...

Bella...

My mind started to race and I searched the street. The scent was fresh. Finally I saw a brunette disappear at the corner. Without thinking I started to run in human speed. I knew it wasn't possible but I needed to see her. Even if it was an imagination.

When I turned at the corner she was nowhere but I still smelled her scent so I started to track her down. I was desperate to find her.

I was following the scent not caring about my surroundings. I looked up when I saw her. It was really her. She was standing in the middle of the abandoned street looking at me smiling.

Suddenly all the logical thoughts, warnings vanished from my mind. She was here again. With me.

Without thinking I went up to her and gently cupped her cheeks. She smiled up to me shyly.

"Bella.." I murmed in daze.

"Eddie." She whispered just when our lips were about to meet and I froze. It was like the haze was blown out of my head and my mind restarted. She never ever called me like that, she knew I hated it. Then why?

I looked into her eyes and noticed the faint blue in them. It wasn't her eyes. This wasn't her.

She tried to kiss me again but I pushed her away and stepped back. Something was terribly wrong. When I pushed her away she snarled and her eyes shined with blue. She became a shadow a few times before a big wave of energy shot out of her whit a dark blue light. It threw me back to a wall and I gasped when I hit it.

I looked up and saw him standing there. He had black wing which were huge. He had a faint dark purple light around him. He laughed a little as he looked at me.

"You are so stupid. She will never come back to you if it depends on me." He said with a sadistic grin and stepped closer. He laughed loudly when I didn't move.

I wanted to get up and run but I was thinking about what he just said. If it depends on him... so she can actually come back? Or probably I was just thinking too much into it. But what did he want with me? What was he? I stared at him unable to look away from his eyes what felt like they were freezing me.

Then he suddenly looked away. I wanted to look too but I was still kind of shocked. When I heard a growl I got myself to look away only to be blinded and thrown back to the wall. Again.

Everything went black but I was still aware of my surroundings but barely. I didn't feel any pain but I heard some voices.

A growl, a laugh, crashes, and someone screaming 'no', then I felt someone moving me and I heard a loud noise, like something crashed above my head. What the hell was going on?! I tried to fight against the darkness but it was useless. I heard more growls and some whimpers and then a loud explosion. I hit my head against the wall again but this time I felt more aware of my surroundings.

Finally, I was able to open my eyes. The first thing I saw was Isa standing there frozen. The air was vibrating around her and it felt like I couldn't see something clearly. Her eyes were wild full of concern and fear. I rubbed my eyes just to make sure she was really there. But when I opened them again she was nowhere, I searched for her but I didn't seen her. Then I looked around searching for that thing, creature, monster.. whatever. There was no trace of him. I looked around and I saw tiny movement between two houses. I was about to check it out when I heard Alice worried voice.

"Edward!" She screamed and I looked at her just when she hugged me forcefully. "I was so worried. I went back to the music store but you weren't there, in fact you didn't even go inside. I started to follow your scent and that's how I found you. What happened?" She started to look around too.

"Nothing. I just took a walk." I said nonchalantly still in kind of shock.

"Edward.." She said in a threatening tone.

I ran my fingers through my hair. "Please Alice, can we just go home now?" I said a little bit with a pleading voice.

She sighed but nodded. We started to walk away but I looked back one last time. I knew that Isa was the one who was standing there and that just confused me more. What was she doing there? How did she find me? Who was she?

I needed to find an answer to these questions and I knew she won't give me them so I need to find out by myself. Carlisle had some books but I had already read them and I didn't remember any useful information.

I reached Alice's car and climbed in. She took off without a word. We didn't talk through the whole car ride and I didn't mind it. I just looked up to the sky through the window. There were hundreds of shining stars and I smiled sadly as I imagined one of them was my love.

My Bella.

■■■■■

Thank for reading it and sorry for the grammar mistakes. I hope you liked it.