The Long Beep

Sabrina's POV
2 weeks later

I sat alone at 2:53am with Peyton's hand in mine, and about 75 cups of coffee next to me. I couldn't leave or sleep knowing Peyton could wake up any minute and I wanted to be the first person he sees.

I started texting Rowan...

Row⛵️: Hey wats up? you still sittin ther?

Me: I can't leave.

Row⛵️: I know... look up.

"Hey Rowan."

I looked up and saw Row.

"I brought coffee! Thought you might need some. You really love him don't you?"

Peyton's hand clenched

"Can't live without him."

"Your talking about me I hope!"
I wished it was Peyton talking but it was- Bradley.

"Bradley! What are you doing here."

"What? You think the shooter shouldn't see the shootee? Oh whatcha got there? Coffee?"

"You sho- AHHH!"

He poured the hot fresh coffee onto my lap

"Bradley stop! Don't you think you've hurt her enough!?!"

"No!"

"Why!"

"Because your still together!" After he said that, he grabbed scissors from behind his back and cut the tubes connected to Peyton.

"But not for long."

"NOOOOO PEYTON!!! ROWAN CALL FOR HELP!!! NO PLEASE PEYTON! I CANT BE WITHOUT YOU!"

"Oh my gosh oh my gosh okay!"

Rowan was shaking and screaming as loud as possible. As soon as we know it doctors are rushing in, and Bradley is gone.

"Peyton... I love you with all my heart and I couldn't imagine life without you. Please don't leave me. I've been left too much and I love you so much I would die if
you... well ya know... died."

The doctors tried fixing Peyton and right when they got everything fixed I heard the last thing I ever wanted to hear.

-beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep-

"NOO! NOOO HES NOT DEAD PEYTON YOU CAN HEAR ME RIGHT? YOUR JUST JOKING!"

"Sabrina!"

"NO LOOK ROW HES A PRANKSTER HES FINE YOUR MACHINE IS JUST BEEPING BECAUSE ITS MALFUNCTIONING!"

"Sabrina please!"

I started crying in Rowan's lap and I got up and told him I loved him one last time.

The female doctor who payed for my food this whole time stopped walking away, turned around and told me to hand me the big black boxes.

"Okay now sweetie I'm going to need to you talk to him make sure he's relaxing and hold his hand to make sure he's calm, were gonna try to bring him back to life."

"Those aren't going to hurt him are they?"

"No. Don't worry."

I smiled at her and grabbed his hand.

-buzz-buzz-buzz-