“Mines was good too.” Nadine added. “It was great going back to Ireland to see all the family. How was yours?”

“Ours was great.” I smiled as I glanced over at Kimberley. “It was the best Christmas ever. We had a great time.”

“Wait... the two of you were together?” Sarah asked, she hadn't said much and I actually had forgotten she was even with us.

“Yeah,” I replied casually. “Kimberley couldn't go home because of personal circumstances and my mam asked me to invite her to come to Newcastle with me.”

“Well, I'm glad the two of you had a great time.” Nicola replied happily. “Now, I say we go put our suitcases in our rooms and then we go down and get something to eat. I'm starving!”

“Sounds like a great idea.” Kimberley agreed. “See you in a few minutes.” She said as Nicola, Nadine and Sarah all walked away from us.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Pulling away from Kimberley's lips, I smiled at her. We had just got back to our room, and as soon as we were inside, I pushed Kimberley up against the door and kissed her. I had missed the contact with her, even though it had only been a few hours.

“Are the two of you ready?” We heard Nadine yell from outside. Kimberley slowly pulled away from my embrace, smiling shyly at me.

“Yeah Nads, we're just coming.” I called back as I quickly pecked Kimberley's lips before opening the door, revealing Nicola, Nadine and Sarah.

We all walked down to the lunch hall together and went to take our usual seats, but we were interrupted by Kimberley's other friends.

“Hey Kim, have a good Christmas?” One of them asked. Kim... are you being serious? Her name is Kimberley, why would you even call her Kim?

“Yeah, I had a great Christmas.” She smiled. “It was great fun spending it with Cheryl and her family.”

“You spent it with her?” Another one of them said, making them all turn to glare at me. “Why would you even do that Kim? Her family are probably all screwed up like she is.” They all laughed and I could feel my anger level rising. I would have hit or threatened them by now, but they were Kimberley's friends and I knew that if I did that, I would hurt her more than anyone.

“That was out of order Jessica!” Kimberley scolded. “Her family are lovely and so is Cheryl. So stop slagging her off because she's my best friend!”

“Oh get over it, Kim.” Jessica, or as I liked to call her, the stupid b*tch, rolled her eyes at Kimberley. “Just leave her and forget about her, we make better friends than Cheryl.”

“Chez, are you seriously not going to hit this b*tch?” Sarah interrupted. “She's slagging you off and you're just standing here taking it all!”

As much as I wanted to hit her, I couldn't. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “No, I'm not going to hit her.” I replied as calmly as I could. “Kimba, can we please go now?”

“Kimba?” Jessica cackled. “What a stupid name!”

“And Kim is better?” I challenged taking a step forwards, she backed away a bit, but she still had a smug smile on her face.

“Chezza, just go.” I felt Kimberley place her hand on my arm. “Go and get us something to eat, and I'll be over in a minute. Just let me finish talking to these three first.”

Nicola took my arm and guided me away from them. I was so angry, all I wanted to do was scream and shout and hit them. I could deal with them slagging me off, but when they started on Kimberley was when I got really angry.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“That was ridiculous Cheryl!” I looked up from my food to meet Sarah's gaze. “Why didn't you do anything?” It had been five minutes since the incident, and Kimberley still wasn't back yet.

“I couldn't.” I muttered. “They're Kimberley's friends, if I hurt them, I would be hurting her.”

“When did you start caring about other people's feelings? What happened to the Tweedy that didn't give a sh!t about anyone but us and herself?”

“She's still here.” I replied. “But, Kimberley is my best friend. If any of your friends had said that to me, I wouldn't have hit them, so I'm not going to hit Kimberley. She's one of us now, you know, in our group of friends.”

“Well, I wouldn't say I'm friends with her. She's way too posh for me.”

“It just shows how much you don't know about her then, Sarah.” I rolled my eyes at her, causing her to sigh and mutter something to Nadine.

“I agree with Sarah.” Nadine said. “I don't know her well enough to consider her a friend.”

I was just about to say something, but Nicola bet me to it. “Well if you don't know her well enough, get to know her because she's a wonderful girl and a great friend to have. So stop slagging her off because she's not just Cheryl's friend, she's mine too.”

“Okay, whatever.” Nadine rolled her eyes. “The point is you've changed, Tweedy. Your reputation is going to start falling fast if you start letting people walk all over you.”

“Yeah, it will.” Sarah agreed. “It's easy to tell that you've changed because of Kimberley. She's doing no good for you, she's too nice.”

I was getting tired of this conversation. I couldn't sit and listen to them talk about my Kimba like that for any longer. Getting up, I muttered a goodbye to them all before storming away from them and past Kimberley and her friends and out the lunch hall. She must have noticed me because I heard her running after me. I stopped in the middle of a deserted corridor and waited for her to catch up. She threw her arms around me, hugging me tightly before checking to make sure we were alone. When she was sure we were, she leaned in and pecked my lips a few times, causing me to smile at her. I leaned in again, kissing her for a bit longer this time, but not wanting to get caught we pulled away more quickly than I would have liked to. She didn't say anything to me, she just smiled and linked her arm through mine. We started walking arm in arm together. We had no idea where to we were just enjoying each others silent company. With Kimberley next to me, I forgot all about my problems and just focussed on the good time I was spending with her, my beautiful girlfriend.