Chapter Fourteen (Tate)

Once Kyle leaves I run straight down to the basement pounding down the stairs. I jump off the stairs and punch the wall nearest to me. He can't go to the Cortez, I slam the wall again, I can't protect him when he's there, I hit it again, I can't protect him anywhere. I grab my head and bend over and scream.

"God dammit!" I go to punch the wall again but I begin to sob and it turns into just placing my hand on it. I sink to my knees and press my forehead to the wall. I need someone to hold me and tell me everything will be okay. Not Violet because she still has a little hate for me, I know she does. She was really the only one that would do that. Unless my...

"Tate," as if on cue, my mother appears through the door. I cry a little louder so that she will hear me and come to me. 

"Mom," I wimpier a little and she rushes to me.

"Tate, my boy," she embraces me, this is what I needed.

"I don't know what to do, Ma," I shake uncontrollably. 

"What don't you know."

"Anything," I can't stop the tears from falling, "I don't know anything. I can't let him find out."

"I know," She's crying now, "You know you have to tell him eventually," I know, that's the problem, I don't know how to tell him without telling him everything. 

"How did you hear about him?" I haven't spoken in her in forever. She pulls away and looks at me and smiles.

"Word get's around," She strokes my head, "It's going to be okay," I squeeze my eyes shut and wish for her to hold me forever.