•13•

29 February Monday 2015

On my first day of school after I had 'changed' I had thought everyone was staring at me.

But now I know everyone was staring at me, but this time there was something different about there stares.. They all looked amazed by me?

I live in a place called Mackay  in QLD and I knew that a lot of people know who 'Queen' is but I didn't know that this many people would know.

I get the same stares of awe throughout the day and the boys notice but don't pay any attention since there used to this kind of attention being the most popular guys at school.

At the end of the day I quickly ride my penny board home and get changed putting my race clothes over top I grab my duffle bag with my other stuff in it and run out to my car mum was working late tonight and wouldn't be back until after tea.

I drive to the track and notice I'm the first one there, King soon pulls up and not long after so do Breaker and Boss a few minutes later everyone else arrives.

Breaker Boss and King all nod at me and I do the same in return but nothing else.

Jim pulls up and climbs out of his car waving us all over towards him we all crowd around him curious as to what his announcement is.

"Okay so as you all know, our racing season is a private organisation between us and there is no real prize for the season winner" Jim says and we all nod.

"In 2 weeks time there is going to be a country wide race held right here in Mackay, racers all around Australia will be coming here to compete, obliviously not at this track the main one in the centre of town. Racers from Sydney, Perth Adelaide and many other places will be coming here to compete" Jim tells us and everyone looks around at each other the same thing in mind.

I want to win.

"But there's a catch" Jim says and everyone's eyes stop wandering and look at Jim.

"It's teams of 8, so one member from each team will vs one member from every other team  throughout the week and a day then your individual scores will be tallied into a team score" Jim says and all of our jaws drop.

"Meaning you guys will all have to work together if you want to win" Jim concludes.

"But Jim" I begin only to be cut off.

"I know what your going to say Queen, that this won't work but it's the rules for this race I didn't make them" Jim says looking at me.

"There is also a prize for this race" Jim says and everyone waits for him to tell us.

"Which is?.." King says after a few seconds pass by in silence.

"$50,000 to be split between you all and a trip to Hawaii for 2 weeks flight and accommodation payed for" Jim says and everyone's eyes just about bug out of there heads.

"I'm in if you guys are" Ace says shrugging.

I looks around at our group of 8, how are we supposed to work together? Most of us couldn't even hold a civilised conversation with one another.

"I know most of you have a rivalry amongst you, two of you more so than other" Jim glancing at me and King.

"But if you want to win you need to get over it and work as a team, also I know I already said who's vsing who this week but for now our season is postponed and your all going to hangout and try and get along" Jim says before nodding at us and walking away to his car climbing in and driving away.

We kinda just stand there for a few moments glancing around not wanting to make the first move.

"I have a huge basement at my house we could all go there and hang out?" Ace offers.

I nod "we should at least try and get along" I say and Jacob nods in agreement and seems that as soon as Jacob and I had agreed everyone else did as well.

We all walk back to our cars and I pull my racing stuff off and reveal my stripey N Y tshirt and black high waist shorts I grab my converse pulling them on.

I look around and see everyone else had gotten changed as well Ace tells us to follow her and we all get in our cars and start to follow her down the road.

5 minutes later Ace indicates and turns into the driveway of a huge mansion like house, while the rest of us park on the curb seeing as all our cars wouldn't fit in the driveway.

We all follow Ace into her gigantic house and our jaws all drop at the sight.

--------------
A/N
Sorry for not updating sooner but I've been away and without wifi.
I was hoping to finish this story before February but that is definitely not going to happen unfortunately, so I'm hoping it will be finished by March maybe.
Hope you guys liked the chapter if you did please vote and comment!

Lots of love -M x