•10•

10 Wednesday 27 January 2015

Recap

"By the way this isn't sympathy, this is empathy, my dad passed away 3 months ago"

•••

"What?" I ask pulling away from the hug and looking up at Jacob.

"3months ago my dad died from cancer, so I'm just telling you this isn't sympathy this is empathy because I know exactly what your going through" he tells me still rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry I snapped earlier" I tell him.

"That's okay I get it, you want to be strong and get through things on your own but you can't always do that" he says.

"You can't always be strong, but princess your one of the strongest people I know" Jacob says.

"I'm not strong at all" I say shaking my head.

"Yes you are look at everything you've dealt with in your life, you are such a strong person" he says.

"Thank you Jacob I needed that" I say.

"I'm always here for you princess and remember it's okay not to be okay"  Jacob tells me.

"Thank you so much Jacob" I mumble tears still slowly streaming down my face.

My mum returns and hands me a cup of water which I gladly accept.

"I'm very very sorry for you lose Mrs Dawn" Jacob tells my mum placing a hand on her shoulder.

What my mother did next probably surprised me just as much as it did Jacob she pulled him down to her height and embraced him in a big bear hug.

"My daughter rarely opens up to anyone, thank you Jacob" my  mum says after releasing Jacob.

"I'm always going to be there for your daughter Mrs Dawn" he tells my mum who smiles at me.

"would it be okay if you took Sienna home, Jacob?" My mum asks and Jacob nods.

I tell my mum that I'll wait for her to finish speaking to the doctors but she says that it's okay and that she'll call a taxi because she doesn't feel up to driving and I reluctantly leave my mum knowing she would be home soon.

"McDonalds?" Jacob asks after we climb in to his car.

I glance at the clock in his car and see its 6:00.

I nod "sure".

I sit in the car as we silently drove to McDonalds, part of me wants to be with my mum right now but I know she she'll be okay and be home really soon and I'll spend all day with her tomorrow.

We got to McDonald's and I order a chicken burger and Jacob gets some sort of other burger Jacob insists on paying and I eventually agree after realising I didn't even have my purse with me, then we drive home.

We walk inside my house and just after we had shut the front door my mum opened the door again.

She walked towards me and wrapped her arms around me as a felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Don't worry about school tomorrow sweetie, and I know what your thinking and no I wont band you from racing after today's events" mum tells me pulling away from the hug.

"Thank you mum, I love you" I smile at her.

"I love you too, very much the thing I need right now is sleep" mum sighs and rubs my shoulder.

"I wish I could go to sleep and when I wake up this was all just a nightmare because it feels like a nightmare" I say on the verge of tears again.

"I know Hun I know, life isn't fair" mum says.

"Have you had tea?" I ask mum.

She nods "yes I ate at the hospital cafe"

"you should probably go to bed mum you look exhausted" I tell her and she nods.

"I think it will be a rather sleepless night but, Goodnight" she tells me hugging me again and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Your welcome to stay the night Jacob" my mums calls over her shoulder walking into her bedroom.

"Will you stay?" I ask him and he nods as we walk to the couch.

We get our burgers out and ate in silence as Jacob texted someone on his phone probably his mum to stay he would be staying over tonight.

"My dad was the one who helped me get enough money for my first car, he taught me how to drive, how to ride a bike, I'm going to miss him so much" I say the tears returning.

"I hate to say this princess but the pain doesn't just go away, I still miss my dad too he taught me to drive he taught me everything" Jacob says pulling me towards him so I was leaning into him with his arm around me.

"Will it get any easier?" I ask sniffling.

"You'll just get used to the pain one day" he tells me rubbing my shoulder.

Jacob stays silent while I cry into his shoulder for a few minutes before I pull away and we continue to eat silently.

We finish eating and we decide to watch a movie.

"Let me guess, you wanna watch the note book?" Jacob says getting off the couch and walking towards my movie collection.

I shake my head at his guess "Marley and me?" He guesses again.

"Nope, how bout a fast and furious marathon?" I ask and he looks impressed.

"My kinda girl" he jokes and I laugh while he finds the movie and puts it in the DVD player.

I lay back down on the couch and Jacob pulls a blanket over us both.

After the movie finishes we put fast and furious 2 in the player.

We ended up watching all the fast and furious movies and falling asleep on the couch.

And that is how I spent my Wednesday night curled up on my couch eating McDonalds, crying and watching stupid movies with the schools bad boy who was turning out to not be so bad after all.

-------------
A/N
Hiiiiiiii guysssss I'm so sorry I really have no excuse for not updating I've just been really lazy and tired sorry again.

Sorry that the chapter isn't very long :(
Next update should be soon!

Can we get this chapter to 5 votes!?

Lots of love -M x