Kneel Before Me (Loki x reader)

Start from the beginning

"Hmm?" you startled, lifting your head in surprise to look at him. Your gaze just as quickly dropped to the floor again as you stood to excuse yourself, standing abruptly and tipping the chair slightly off its center. You stood so quickly that you didn't have a chance to see Tony Stark right next to you.

"No hard feelings, Point Break, you've got a mean swing," he joked to Thor, but grabbed you when you ran firmly into him. "Woah, sweetheart, what's the rush? Don't let me scare you off."

"Sorry...um, excuse me," you mumbled, not even paying attention to who you had run into. You were on a mission of your own; to find out why you couldn't get Loki out of your mind, and if it were somehow by his own doing. Not knowing if it was you or his manipulations that had you so enthralled.

"Where's she going? Did something happen during the apprehension?" Coulson asked, looking immediately to Steve. He leaned back in his chair and sighed, not knowing you really at all to gauge your actions, but knowing enough to see that you weren't okay.

"I think he got in her head. But she seems pretty determined to get him out."

~~~

When your hand touched the cold panel next to the heavy steel door, you paused, unsure of what you were even doing. Why was it so important to talk to him? Just turn around and walk away, forget it, you thought, but even you couldn't convince yourself. As if moving under their own direction, your fingers danced across the security panel, entering your code to open the door. You stood motionless for a moment when you saw him; he looked smaller now, in a cage like an animal, though anything but helpless. He still carried himself with purpose and power, but he was in no way capable of either.

"I had hoped you would come," he said quietly, moving to rest his hand on the glass and lean towards you. "You've filled my mind and I am unable to escape the thoughts of you that are driving me mad."

You had to tell your feet to move, command your legs to push you forward. His voice was different; it was calmer, softer, and almost genuine. But this was Loki, known to be dangerous and courting war with the Earth; you needed to handle this with care.

"I've done nothing," you replied in a flat tone, "it would seem that it's you who's misguided."

A wide grin crossed his lips, growing to a smile with an anger behind it that was poorly masked. "You've got heart, I like that. It's been some time since I've enjoyed such a challenge."

"I'm not here for your enjoyment."

"We shall see, (Y/N). We most definitely shall see, very soon, I think."

Finally fully inside the holding room, you grabbed a chair and pulled it up next to the glass, watching him move to the far side to sit and watch you in return. You had to force yourself to hold eye contact with him, your mind screaming for you to look away, but you wouldn't let him think you to be weak or that you would concede to him. The longer you sat this way, the more you became strangely comfortable in his presence.

"You were born for more, (Y/N). You were born to be royalty. Why can you not see that?"

"Because the only thing remotely close to royalty around here is Stark, and if he hears me say that I'll never live it down," you groaned, looking around the room to figure out if the cameras were active and if he might actually be watching. "I'm not really the ruling-from-on-high sort. You can dress me up but I can't play the part, Loki."

"I like the way you say my name," he whispered, standing to walk towards you. You stood as he neared, a sense of anxiety washing over you. He was in the strongest cell ever made, strong enough to contain the Hulk, and you were nervous. "I would like to hear it again."