Secret's Out (Pietro Maximoff x reader)

"Babe, we shouldn't be out here. We can just watch this in my room."

The rest of the team was gone for a meeting in Washington D.C. and wouldn't be home until the next day. Your boyfriend thought it would be the perfect time to finally see you outside of your respective rooms, locked away from Tony. If Tony were to find out his only daughter was dating Pietro, it would put a quick end to not only your romance, but your freedom and perhaps the life of your boyfriend as well. Most of the team knew about you two and had promised to keep it to themselves, but you couldn't help but be nervous and take extra precautions.

"My love, they will be gone until late tomorrow. You worry too much. We should enjoy this time together, and enjoy being out in the open. We have the whole tower to ourselves." His voice has soft and low, soothing your anxiety.

The common room was dark with the exception of the movie playing on the screen before you. You were both lying on the couch with your head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Despite its racing speed, it calmed you. His hands were winding your hair between his fingers as he spoke, and you closed your eyes at the sensation of him gently pulling it as he moved.

"Hmm," you sighed, relenting to his reasoning. "Okay, we can stay here. I'm enjoying this to much to even think about moving anyway." A few seconds later, your empty stomach growled, ruining the moment.

"Do not worry, darling. I have a plan."

~~~

"Piet, you can uncover my eyes now. Please?" Within seconds he had grabbed you and dashed to the dining room, where an elegant and extensive dinner was set up for you both. He uncovered your eyes, smiling at his surprise for you.

"You like?"

You stood motionless, marveling at the sight before you; the table was filled with ornate centerpieces of your favorite flowers and dishes full of your favorite foods, ready to partake. Wanda stepped out from around the corner, smiling at herself and the secret she was able to keep from you.

"Wait, Wanda? I thought you were gone with the team? What are you doing here?" You rushed over to her, grabbing her in a tight hug. "Did you do all this?"

"My brother couldn't do all this alone! It's time you know that now, (Y/N), before you begin a life full of disappointing expectations."

Pietro huffed and pushed her from the room. "Thank you, sister, that's enough. You can go."

Snapping your head towards him, your expression turned skeptical. "What did she mean by that, exactly?"

"I don't understand much of what she means. Here, sit. Let's eat, yes?" He pulled out a seat for you, caressing your arms as you sat down. Once you were settled, he bent down and placed a soft kiss on your neck. He paused there for a moment, then whispered into your hair, "Would a life with me be out of the question?"

Your eyes were wide as you realized what he was asking you. It wasn't as if the possibility hadn't crossed your mind before. It had, many times. You had never talked about it though, and you had no idea that he was thinking the same thing you were; that it wouldn't be out of the question. It was a question you wanted more than anything else.

Reaching for your water, you cleared your throat quietly as you took a drink. Now was not the time for your voice to falter. He saw the slight tremble in your hand and placed his over yours as you sat the glass down; you could see the ripples in the water as they matched the anxiousness you felt inside.

"It would not be out of the question, no." Your voice was a whisper, still at risk of failing you. "Are you...are you asking me to begin one with you, Piet? It won't be that simple. My dad-"

He spun the chair around, kneeling before you. "I will speak to your father, my love. He will understand." Placing your hands on his face, you pulled him into a kiss, sealing your promise to him. His arms moved to encompass you, his hands moving up into your hair.

The sounds of a charging repulsor broke the moment, as Pietro's eyes widened with fear. With a silver flash, he was gone, hiding from the man he had just promised to make understand about your relationship. Is this what Wanda had meant about expectations?

Leaning back in your chair, you sighed, determined to not let your dinner go to waste even if the rest of your evening was ruined.

"Coward."