That's the Wrong Sister (Steve Rogers x reader)

Sometimes it was almost a curse to be the twin sister of Natasha Romanoff. It was definitely a bad choice to live in the same city, where her enemies knew where to find her and where anyone at any time could ask her to save them. You tried to dress conservatively, hoping to cover your identity as much as possible without being totally hidden from the world. You still had a life to live, after all.

Tonight was one of those nights that had you wishing that you would have just stayed home. You could hear a woman screaming from somewhere nearby, but the sound seemed to come from all around you. Moving to the middle of the street, you looked quickly for any cars before closing your eyes and listening; trying to decide which direction to run, trying to drown out the background noises of the city around you.

"Ma'am?"

"Shh!" you scolded the voice next to you, raising your hand to demand his silence. You never even opened your eyes to see who it was, running away from him as your senses sorted out which direction the woman's scream was coming from. You didn't hear him follow you either.

When you reached the alley, you stopped at the sight of a man holding a woman against a building with a knife to her throat as he rummaged through her purse. She was doing her best not to panic, and tried to hold her reaction when she saw you in her peripheral vision as to not give you away.

"Hey," you called out, stepping into his line of sight, "I think you should let her go before this gets ugly."

The man pulled his knife away and released her, now turning to you. She grabbed her bag and ran from the alley, leaving him for you. "Hey, cutie," he smirked in a gravelly voice that sounded old and worn, "you've got a lot of nerve, scaring off my catch there. You taking her place?"

"I'm here to kick your ass."

The man spun the knife around in his hand and stepped back to lower himself into a lunge, shooting himself forward at you. You simply shook your head and sighed, easily grabbing his arm when he attempted to swing the blade at you, firmly twisting and snapping his shoulder from its joint. He was now lying at your feet, whimpering and begging for you to stop pushing your foot into his chest. You grabbed his knife and slipped it into your boot, leaning down to capture his gaze.

"At least make it a challenge for me," you mumbled. "I'm sure you have a few questions, but I had plans that you so rudely interrupted." You pulled out your phone and called for police to come pick him up, looking around to see if anyone had been watching. The alley was dark and you didn't see anyone, but you couldn't shake the feeling that someone was there.

Once the sirens grew closer and you could see the lights on the nearby street, you jumped to the nearest fire escape and climbed up until you were out of view, watching the man to be sure he didn't try to run. Satisfied with his removal, you jumped to the next building and then the next, lowering yourself to the ground to leave and resume your original plans for the night.

Back at the site of the incident, Steve watched as you disappeared into the darkness. He stood motionless for several minutes before a dark figure dropped down next to him from above; another witness to your control of the situation.

"Rogers."

"Murdock."

"So, who's that one? These vigilante types are just crawling from the woodwork, huh?"

Steve looked at Matt and sighed loudly, disbelieving what was being said. "Really? You mean like you?"

"Hey, this isn't about me," Matt said nervously, raising his hands in defeat and slowly backing away. "Okay...so...nice chat, Cap. I best be on my way."

Imagine If You Assembled the Avengers: Volume 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara