You Had to Ask (WinterSoldier!Bucky x reader)

"Get on the jet."

"You could say 'please', you know. It's not gonna kill you."

The HYDRA soldier rolled his eyes slightly but his expression didn't change and his voice remained flat. "Get on the jet now...please."

With his gun pushed into your back, you stepped quickly up the ramp and to the seat designated for you, easily identified by the shackles at the ankles and chained cuffs for your wrists. Apparently, HYDRA thought that you were a pretty high risk to go to such dramatic efforts to secure you.

"Do I really need to wear all of this? If I'm sitting across from the Winter Soldier, why would I be much of a threat to escape?"

"You're an Avenger. It's protocol. Sit."

"You have a protocol for the transport of an Avenger?" you chuckled, despite the gravity of your situation. "Well, I suppose that makes sense, given the guys that I work with."

He secured your restraints and took the seat directly across from you, his weapon still in his hand if he should need it. You were completely unarmed and had no intention of trying to escape, at least not yet, but having been trained by both Steve and Natasha, it made sense that he would feel apprehensive. You wondered how long it would take for them to find you.

"So," you sighed, looking around the jet and noticing that other than the pilot, your captor was the only one there. "Budget cuts at HYDRA? An error in staffing, maybe?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said plainly, staring ahead but not looking at you. "And if you don't mind, could you please not talk at all? It's a long flight."

You nodded silently and leaned your head back against the chair, hoping to maybe get a little rest to build your strength. The fight with the soldier had completely drained you, barely holding your own, and only due to the skills that you had learned from that other super soldier on your team. Sparring with Steve really did pay off, keeping your injuries much less than they could have been.

"I'm going to take a nap," you announced with a smirk. "So if you could keep it down over there, that would be great."

~~~

You startled awake with a jostle of the aircraft, having banged your head sharply against the seat. Shaking away the momentary confusion, you looked across the jet to see your soldier still there, still staring blankly ahead and motionless. The sky outside had turned from early dusk to black, so you knew several hours had gone by at least, but not knowing where you were headed, you didn't have much frame of reference for how long you had yet to fly.

"How long was I asleep?"

"I don't know. I don't need to know."

"Well sure, I don't really need to know either, just more of a curiosity." You regarded him for a few minutes, marveling that he could sit so still and so determined for this long. "Okay, you haven't moved at all since we sat down. Are you a robot? Human? A little of both?"

'He's fast. Strong. Had a metal arm.'

His eyes flashed in your direction for a split second and forward again, but if you didn't know better, there was a hint of amusement now on his face. "Yes."

"That was more than one question."

"I'm human. Now please stop talking."

You already knew the answer, but your goal was to get him talking; a goal that seemed completely unattainable right now. Getting captured by the Winter Soldier and having him hand you over to HYDRA wasn't really in the plan, but you couldn't help but feel a small stroke of luck that he was the one to capture you. You couldn't give away that you knew who he was; that wasn't for you to do. But you could maybe crack him just a little.