Chapter 7

When our feet touched the ground, we quickly ran up the stairs to the meeting room of the Manor, where he was waiting for us. This time he was with at least three other people. I looked curiously at them, wondering who exactly they were. Malfoy just took my hand and lead me in, without the same look of confusion that was trailing on my face. As we got close enough to the Dark Lord, we bowed curtly to him.

"Hello again Selena, long time no torture," he snickered in a jokingly (yet evil and almost serious sounding) manner. It had only been a least a day since we saw him last, and I was curious as to why he summoned us back so quickly when he told us we'd see him in a few weeks time. My eyes left his glare for a moment, and traveled back to the three people dressed in dark cloaks, almost like father's cloaks, behind him. One of them was not even human-like at all. He was almost wolf-like actually, with fur covering his whole face and sharp teeth hanging out of his mouth. His appearance frightened me quite a bit. The other was a beautiful woman, with a messy up-do for hair and a skinny frame. She grinned at me, staring in a twisted way. I could already tell she must be crazy. The last one was a normal looking man with dark brown hair and a scruffy beard. They all looked at me in a strange way.

Voldemort realized I was longing to know who these people were, so he got up to introduce me to them. "Ah yes, Selena these three people standing with me today are some of my most loyal Death Eaters. This here is Bellatrix Lestrange, Antonin Dolohov, and Fenrir Greyback. They are here to help train you some more for your mission." I looked at Bellatrix as she then came over to me and shook my hand tightly. She giggled in a creepy way at me.

"You can call me Bella girly, grand to finally meet Sevy's little offspring!" she exclaimed in a giddy way. I nodded my head kindly to her, quietly chuckling at her amusing nickname for dad. The next person to shake my hand was the wolf man, also known as Greyback. He growled at me in a way the meant I was welcome. The last was the man with the beard, Dolohov, who just greeted me with a half-smile and backed away swiftly.

"Nice to meet you all," I replied cooly. The Dark Lord then continued on by telling me about my training.

"Now Selena, before we can ensure that you are suitable enough to be a successful Death Eater, there are a few things we must teach you to do so you can easily have the power to handle your duties. For instance, as a follower, you need to have no emotions. You need to be cleared of all good memories and thoughts, and focus clearly on your missions and goals." He paced in front of me as he talked. He then continued. "In order to do this, you need to have a strong shield of Occlumency. Now I know you have this power, but we need to test it out a little to make sure your power is at its strongest. Bella, if you will?" He motioned to Bella to turn to me. She started to glare at me in a very focused way. She looked very deep into my eyes when I finally realized she was using her own Legilimens skills on me.

At first she was able to pry into one of my most happiest memories. It was one of my father and I. It was when I was ten and I was sitting on the couch with him, me on his lap, teaching me a full body patronus. I said the incantation and as I did, bright silver light flew out and shaped in the form of a deer. It galloped quickly around the livingroom and soon flew out the window. My father complimented me on how amazing I had done and told me he loved me. As soon as we were about to embrace in a hug, I shut the memory out and cleared everything in my head until it was completely blank. As I did this, Bella quit her focus on me and looked at me with her lip curling into an evil grin.

"You have some happy memories of old Sevy and yourself don't you? I didn't know he actually had a soft side in him, it's disgustingly touching." she spat. That remark made me steam up with anger. I hated when people talked bad about my dad, or our father-daughter relationship. I grimaced at her, my fists clenched up tighly.

"Very good Selena, show anger. That is the only emotion I will tolerate around here. And as for your memories, you must not show any happiness or..love from them, lock them away forever. It is a sign of weakness. Shall we try again?" the Dark Lord remarked, emphasizing on the word 'love' in a disgusted way. Bella then turned her focus on my eyes again. This time I dumped every good memory I had of my life out, including all the great ones of my father and I when I was young. Bella then unfocused herself on me, and now looked disappointed that she couldn't get another sappy memory from me so I would fail the Lord. Voldemort smirked at this and complimented my resistment this time.

"Good, good. You really do have great skills in Occlumency. I trust your Legilimency is just as good?" I nodded at this, and he then asked me to use it on Bella this time. I looked into her mind and found a memory of her when she was in Azkaban not too long ago, and saw every detail of how she escaped that night and showed up at the Department of Mysteries and killed her crazy cousin Sirius Black. "Wonderful, you have successfully mastered both skills." he said in a monotoned voice. "Now I know this next bit of training is something that you have never learned before, and only a few of my followers are skilled at it, but I believe with your abilities you will learn quickly." I raised an eyebrow at him. I thought I knew almost every bit of Dark Magic there was in our world. He paused for a second, then continued. "We will now teach you how to fly without a broom." As he said this I almost let out a scream of excitement. I never thought anyone would teach me how to do this! Father knew how to, but he never would teach me because he thought it was too dangerous.

"Okay, this skill requires a lot of strength because it uses up a large amount of magic on your part. All you need to do, is think of being weightless, and also think of the darkest hour of your life that you have ever experienced." I looked at him for a second, and nodded. I then thought of the feeling of being weightless, but couldn't come up with a good memory of a dark time of mine. I never really had one. However, there was a time when dad would always be infuriated with me when I asked him who my mother was. He would just sneer at me and shut me out. I longed to know who my mother was my whole life, and he forbid me to know..ever. There were times when I really felt like I was in the dark not knowing who she was, and how sad I felt that I had never knew her before her untimely death. These were the darkest times I could think of. As I put those two thoughts together, I suddenly saw thick black smoke surround my entire body. It enclosed me in a dark cloud of smoke and started to turn and turn around me. As it got as fast as it can go, I felt my body become faded and weightless. I soon lifted off the ground and noticed that I became the thick cloud of smoke, my body entirely gone. I just soared throught the air, going faster and faster. It was the coolest feeling in the world.

Once I got used to the feeling and being able to direct my movements in the air, I let my dark memory leave my head and thought about being firmly grounded. As I did this, I could feel the smoke fade and my body come intact again. I finally set back down on the ground and landed like it was the easiest thing in the world. Everyone in the room stared at me in amazement. They all said how rare it was to be able to fly broomless on the first try. The Dark Lord was extremely pleased. He then ended the meeting with how much he looked forward to me completing my mission and said that I would return for my mask and uniform in the next week. He also said that Bella, Greyback, and Dolohov would be with me the day I am to complete my mission and escort me away from the scene as I succeeded. With that he sent me and Draco away and we returned to Hogwarts without anyone noticing we were gone.