Chapter 12

I was freaking out. I couldn't believe how terrified I was right now. I'm sure wherever Dumbledore was going, he would be back later on today and I would have to kill him. I frantically started running around the school in preparation for this moment. I would have to contact the Dark Lord with my mark to tell him that tonight was the night and to send the other Death Eaters through the vanishing cabinet to escort me back to the Manor after this was over and done with. I couldn't believe that after tonight however, I would become a very respected and Death Eater and powerful witch. That was the only thing that kept me going. Everything else made me want to regret what I was about to do. And the worst of it all, what would my father think of me after I did this. I'm sure he would hate me after the way he talked to me in the hospital wing a few weeks ago. I think he knows what I have become for sure and is very disappointed in me. Then again the other half of me thinks he is just jealous that I am more successful than he is at being a Death Eater.

No matter what he was thinking of me right now, I would have to go find him before I did this to say goodbye, since I would be leaving Hogwarts forever after tonight. I then made my way down to the dungeons to where his office was to tell him. When I got there, I slowly knocked on the door of this office to meet him. I waited for about 30 seconds and there was no answer from him at all. I knocked louder and also called for him to hear me, but there was no answer. This was strange because he was usually in his office when classes were not going on. I was sure he would be in here. Against my better judgement, I unlocked his door myself with the Alohamora charm and walked in. "Dad?" I called once, again, but there was still no answer. He was obviously not in here. I needed to talk to him before I did this, but he just was not to be found. I sighed and decided that I would have to leave him a letter telling him everything and anything, as I knew I probably wouldn't be seeing him for a long time, or ever again for that matter. I tooked a piece of parchment that was sitting on his desk and scribbled down my letter with the quill sitting next to it. After I finished, I scanned it over to make sure it was good enough:

My Dearest Father,

I have left you this letter on your desk in order to tell you what I wanted to tell you this afternoon, but could not find you for some reason. I know you know that I have been acting in a strange and suspicious way all year, and I can tell that it has frightened you. I guess that I should probably just confess this to you now since after tonight, I will be leaving Hogwarts forever in search of my destiny. I know this must be angering you at this point, but please just listen to what it is and why I must do this. Do you remember the dream I had over the summer before school started? Well, I know this may come as shock to you (but then again it might not), but I did end up going to see the Dark Lord himself about it against your will, and he was very impressed with me. I'm sorry dad, but I am a Death Eater now and a very good one in fact. I truly hope you don't hate me after this because you know I was always interested in the Dark Arts like you were ever since I was a kid. I know you hated that I liked it, but I couldn't keep away from it. Anyways, I must leave after tonight because I have been chosen to do something that will eventually make me known as a great and powerful Dark Lordess, second in command to Voldemort. I can't tell you what it is or where it will happen, but I'm sure you will know soon enough by the end of tonight. I have to leave after this because of what I'm going to do. So if I don't see you to tell you this before then, I wan't you to know how much I love you and how grateful I am to you for being there for me all these years. Just know that you didn't do anything to make me want be like this. it wasn't your fault. This is something I have to do for myself. I need to see if I can make it as the next great witch. Please just remember that. I probably won't ever see you again, so once again, i love you so much dad, and I hope you will one day forgive me for all this.

Always,

Your Daughter, Selena Lilith Snape

After reading it over and over, I had tears in my eyes, just thinking about how hard it is going to be to leave him, after all he has done for me. This is how I'm repaying him. By leaving him to go off and live a selfish life, just because I wanted to be great. I definately was in Slytherin for a reason. I put the letter down on his desk hoping he would come back to read it before all of this happened. I wanted him to know that it really wasn't his fault for my becoming a Death Eater. It was all me. I made myself this way. Not him. And I was in too deep to back out on it now. It had to be done, or else I would be killed.

I then left his office in tears, knowing I would never see my loving father again. I ran up to the Slytherin common room where Draco was siting on the couch staring at the fire that was crackling in front of him. I sat next to him and kissed him passionately before looking at him deep in the eyes. I could tell he saw the sadness and pain in my eyes and looked at me in a quizzical way. I looked deeper into his eyes and got it out.

"It's time." I said simply, and he shot up and took me by the hand as we ran out of the common room to go to the room of requirement to get Bellatrix and the other Death Eaters. After tonight, I would soon be joining them as the next great one

Snape's POV

Tonight was the night. I was certain. Dumbledore had told me that he and Potter would be going out to search for one of the Dark Lord's Horcruxes in order to destroy him, and once they returned later on tonight, the Death Eaters would be arriving with their newest recruited one to kill him. I would then step in out of nowhere and kill Albus myself. I had to just keep telling myself that I really knew who this mysterious girl was that got this mission to kill him, but I just couldn't bring myself to say it. I had been trying to deny it all year, despite how obvious it was that my own...daughter is a Death Eater and has been given this job. There. I said it. But it was still so hard. I had spent the rest of the day up on a high tower in Hogwarts to prepare myself for tonight. I should probably go back to my office soon before it happened just to grab some of my belongings that I would be bringing back with me to Malfoy Manor, since I would no longer be able to return to Hogwarts myself until the Dark Lord could be in enough power for me to take action and become Headmaster to conceal my true loyalties even further.

As I walked down to my office, I then noticed that my door was already unlocked. I had locked it before it went up to the tower today, so I was very curious and angered to know who would dare break into my office. I then stormed inside and then noticed the small piece of parchment sitting on the center of my desk. I went over to it and picked it up, beginning to read. As I finished my questions had finally been answered. Selena was indeed a Death Eater, but she seemed to regret being one through her writing. She was sure she would have to leave Hogwarts after she killed Dumbledore, but I couldn't let it happen. She was not going to do this and ruin her life. I then re-read the end and smiled slightly. I'm glad to know that she loves me enough to take blame for actions, and tell me that I had no reason to think that it was my fault she had become this way. But I knew that was not true. I was fully responsible for the way she turned out. I should have told her Voldemort killed her mother, my lovely Lily when she was just a baby. She would never have turned to the Dark Lord to seek power if she knew. And I would have to tell her somehow after tonight. She had to know before she did something she would regret. This life was not for her, and I was angry at myself for letting her into this life.