Chapter 2

Our feet hit the ground a second after we had apparated. I was still grasping dad's hand and looked up to see that we were in the dark forest. I knew that we would be headed to Hogwarts, because this is the furthest you can apparate since you can't apparate to or within Hogwarts.

As I clutched dad's hand even tighter, I could feel that his hand was very clammy, and I knew then that he must be very worried about the dream. I finally got the chance to speak up and asked him, "Father, why are we at Hogwarts? School doesn't start for three more weeks."

"We have to see Albus immediately. He will be able to figure out the exact significane of your dream so we can be able to sort things out," he exclaimed in a voice that seemed less cool this time. It was more apprehensive now.

"Dad, I'm sure this whole thing isn't a big deal. I mean, it was just a dream. It couldn't actually mean anything." I said, reassuring him.

"You don't know that for sure Selena. These type of things are very serious and musn't be ignored at all."

I just kept quiet after that seeing as father seemed very sure of himself and didn't want me to argue with this issue anymore. We had to see Dumbledore. It was essential.

As we reached the entrance to Hogwarts Castle, everything seemed very quiet and still. I knew that none of the professors had arrived on campus yet, but we were sure Dumbledore would be in his office. We reached the hallway that led to his office. In front of us was a statue of a large bird with its arms outstretched to look as if it was going to hug you. Father stepped up and said, "Sherbert Lemon" which was the password to enter his office. We stepped onto the staircase inside as they spiraled up to the office.

When we reached the top, we opened the doors. When we could see inside, I noticed Dumbledore was tending to his pet Phoenix, Fawkes. Father cleared his throat and called to him, grabbing his attention immediately. His bright blue eyes glistened at me as he turned, and a small smile appeared on his face.

"Ah, Severus, Selena, what a pleasant surprise! What brings you here on this fine day?" he said with great excitement.

"Hello Albus, we have come to discuss a very serious dream my daughter had last night. We require your opinion as to what exactly it means," father said, this time with a calmer tone in his voice.

"Oh? And what exactly was the dream about?" he said with great curiousity. I stepped closer to him and let it all out.

"Sir, I dreamt that the Dark Lord recruited me to be a Death Eater." Dumbledore eyed me with all seriousness this time. He seemed quite concerned for me.

"And do you recall recieving the Dark Mark quite vividly?" he added, almost knowing exactly how the dream occured.

"Yes, actually. It burned really bad and was very painful, but then it quickly went away, and I looked down and saw the large tattoo on my arm."

"Well then, this seems to be very interesting. Selena, do you mind stepping out for a moment? I need a word with your father." I kindly nodded at this, and slowly made my way out of the office. I got the sudden urge to eavsdrop, so I knelt down next to the door and positioned my ear on the crack in it.

I couldn't make out that much, but I heard enough to understand that what was going on was very serious.

"You don't think he really is going to go through with this do you Albus? She's just a young girl, what would he need her for?" I heard father say sternly.

"I believe that Voldemort is quite capable of choosing who he wants to join him, and your daughter has talents beyond imaginable for even a sixth year."

"But he can't, he musn't--" Dumbledore cut him off and continued.

"Severus, you know how much Selena has been into the Dark Arts her entire time here at Hogwarts, just like you. It would be surprising if Voldemort simply ignores her."

I couldn't believe my ears! Was the Dark Lord really that interested in me? I mean, I did know a lot more spells and hexes than anyone at Hogwarts. Father said so. I was a skilled Legillimens, and also had the power of Occlumencey. Dad taught me the Sectumsempra spell he invented when I was nine to protect me from any grave enemies that I should come across, and he also taught me his other spell, Vulmera Sanentuer, just in case someone was in need of a healing spell to save their life. He told me I may need to know all of this one day. But he never told me why. Hmm..

So because of my skills in many areas of the Dark Arts, the one and only Voldemort wants me to join him? For what? The thought ran through my head so many times of the great power I could achieve from this. I honestly don't know why father would quit being a Death Eater and why he would not want me to be one.

I never really knew exactly how bad the Dark Lord was, many people say he was a great dark wizard who went as bad as they can go, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to know about him, and the ways of a Death Eater. I know father wouldn't like it, but this year, I'm gonna find out everything. I'm going to seek out the Dark Lord and ask him what he can use me for. The only problem, how am I gonna do this without father being aware of this? I would soon find out...