Part 5: Locked In Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"It took some time but we all survived luckily." He joked and grinned. "Well it was quite fun, actually." Luke commented and stopped next to you, and you nodded your head agreeing.

"Well I was stuck with the whole football team! They played football to past midnight, in the end I had to try sleep in the equipment room because the sound of feet running around made me go crazy. At least you guys had beanbags." He said and motioned his head towards the colourful beanbags and it made both you and Luke look back to where you had spent the night.

"Yeah it was surprisingly comfortable." Luke admitted and looked down at you and you nodded your head agreeing, your cheeks starting to blush again, and you hoped he wouldn't notice. This was the first time in your life that you had managed to sleep through a whole night without being in your bed and not wake up every third minute. Not to mention how comfortable it was to rest on top of Luke's chest. Even if it had been an embarrassing act, you didn't regret a single thing of it.

"That's great to hear. Well to apologise for all the things that happened over the night, the school has decided to serve you guys some well deserved breakfast. All the other students and teachers who have been stuck here too are already down in the canteen. I just came here to tell you guys and see if you were awake and alright."

"Awesome." Luke said with a smile and you guys followed Lewis out of the library and down the hallway until you ended at the canteen, seeing not many students but the whole football team sitting by their table, a few students by some of the other tables and the teachers by the last table.

"We've made a buffet that serves a bit more quality food than usual here in the canteen. Enjoy." Lewis said and pointed towards the long table where the usual old boring food stood ready for takeaway but this time it was something way different.

"Wow." You mumbled below your breath as you and Luke headed towards it and your mouth watered just the sight of it. "This isn't something you're used to see here I conclude." He said and shook you out of your food dream and you looked up at him with wide eyes and shook your head, a giggle escaping your lips afterwards.

There was so much food it was hard to even fill everything on your plate. Delicate food such as all different kinds of fruits that existed in the world, pancakes, Danish pastry, you could continue. You could barely get it all to fill on your plate with all the fruit you put on top of your two pancakes along with Nutella.

"Wait, no strawberries?" Luke asked as you passed by the bowl without filling your plate with the small beautiful red fruits and you shook your head and looked up at him. "I don't like strawberries." You admitted and as you expected his jaw almost fell down to touch his feet and you laughed at him while rolling your eyes.

"How can somebody not like strawberries?" He asked out loud, not to create attention from the other students, but just to express his shocked reaction. "Shh, you're embarrassing me!" You whisper-yelled and he cocked a smirk teasing by your words.

"No but seriously, why don't you like strawberries?" He asked while filling is already filled plate with the small red miracles and you shrugged your shoulders and leaned your body against the end of the table. "I just don't like the small yellow cores. I know it's weird, I hear it often..." You mumbled the last part but Luke smiled anyway.

"Hey it's alright. I think it's quite cute." He said and you rolled our eyes once again by his words and took a chocolate milk as the finished touch for your amazing breakfast and he waited for you while you did it.

"Don't you wanna sit with the other teachers?" You asked and nodded your head towards the teachers sitting across from you but Luke shook his head and laughed quietly. "Why not?" You asked in wonder and smiled before you took a seat down by the table, Luke taking a seat in front of you, his long legs making it difficult for him to see by the table and his knees touched yours lightly.

"Why don't you wanna sit with the other students." Luke asked with a teasing smirk and he nodded his head towards Dylan, the football team and Brittany sitting on top of the table with a pancake in her hand. Your eyes glared over at them shortly before they glanced back at Luke's teasing one and he wiggled his eyebrows while taking a bite of the Danish pastry.

"Touché."

Luke smiled in delight by your words and his glanced back at the group. "Do you have any of them in your classes?" You asked while filling your mouth with the fruit and he scratched his light stubble and looked between the students.

"None of the boys, though the dark haired girl yes. I have her in another math class." You stopped mid track with chewing and looked over at her.

"She's Brittany." You said and tried to swallow the many fruits in your mouth and Luke nodded his head understanding and seemed to remember her name in his mind. "Ahh yes. She's quite uhm what can you say... Offensive." He turned his attention back to yours and you had to hide your smirk by his use of word but you nodded your head agreeing.

"She's very... Outstanding." You commented and wrapped your pancake around with the fruits, some of the Nutella smashing on your finger and you licked it away.

"A total Sharpay Evans from High School Musical." He said with a smugly smirk and your eyes widened by his words and you stopped moving the pancake towards your mouth and looked at him with shocked eyes. "Hey don't look at me like that! I've been young too right?" He asked and tried to hide the smirk in his pastry.

"Aren't you still young?" Your question made him shrug his shoulders and he finished chewing while you wrapped your lips around the pancake, your mouth exploding with the wonderful tastes of fruits, pancake and Nutella.

"22 of age. I'm not a teen anymore." He almost looked sad by his words and he sighed and looked down at his food. "When do you turn 23?" You asked curious to the conversation and your eyes glanced shortly towards the other table, Brittany's eyes already burning into yours and it made you glance away quickly again.

"Half a year though. I'm a July kid. Or man I guess." He corrected himself and laughed by his failure and shook his head afterwards. "I forget that often though. I still feel like I did when I was 19. Speaking of which you're 17 right?" He asked but instantly regretted his guess.

"18, Luke." You corrected him and he baffled his hands in the air. "One years difference, my apologise." He said with a teasing smile and you looked at him with wide eyes.

"That one year is important! It's the difference between being a dancing queen and an adult!" You argued to his words and he laughed by your seriousness.

"Okay okay, I apologise again!" He exclaimed and took a sip from his orange juice. "But aren't most Seniors 17? I'm just concluding from my own time in high school."

"I started late in high school because I had to take an extra year in middle school. My parents travel a lot so I missed a lot of hours in school. It was a rough year 4." You said dramatically and he smiled while sucking on the straw, his eyebrows wiggling. "So you're the oldie here." He joked and you looked at him with the look that said 'Are you kidding me'.

"I''m not the only one. Two of the football players over there are actually older than me. They didn't have to take year 4 twice though. They failed Freshman year together." Luke leaned his arm on the armrest of the chair and looked towards the other table, trying to scan the boys and see who looked older than other.

"It's actually the one with the scar on the nose." Your tone changed and you frowned when you secretly pointed towards Dylan and Luke followed your hand and his eyes widened when he noticed Dylan. His eyes kept on looking at his nose and he looked back at you with serious eyes.

"He was the one I..." He stopped in sentence mid track and you nodded your head slightly.

"Wauw... I didn't even know I punched him that hard." Luke commented and scratched his arm, his eyes glancing back at Dylan and even though he probably tried to act guilty about it, he didn't sound like it at all.

"Well you broke his nose." You mumbled and stared down at your empty place, your hand wrapped around the chocolate milk and when you fell Luke's knee hit yours on purpose, you looked up at him.

"He deserved that... And now that I know who he is, it won't be a problem for me to do it again if I see him near you in any way that isn't alright or appropriate."

"Luke you don't have to, okay?" You said but he shook his head and his knee touched yours again.

"I promise Y/N. He won't touch you again."