chapter 43

We had a perfect time, although we had just one day together. Shannon had to go back on the road. I was a bit mad at him, because he missed a show. Just because of me he had to disappoint the crowd. They paid to see him in action and he wasn't there. I told him the last few days to go back, but He doesn't listened. He told me he had to take care of me, since he couldn't help me that night. It was cute, but i never wanted to get between him and his job. The band and the music was his life.

I was allowed to go back to work, but I had to take care, otherwise the scar would break open again. I had to find the right position to sit. Now i knew why i shouldn't work too much. It felt like My stomach wanted to break in half. "Ri, good morning." "Good morning Alva." I said smiling at her. "It hurts doesn't it?" "Yes!" I held my stomach, still finding the best possible way to sit. "Why don't you go home?" "I'm alone there! And i can work again." "Okay, okay. But I'll bring you back home if it's getting too bad." I smiled weakly. I really loved my work, at least to take photos, but To come here every day, to see the same walls day in and out annoyed me. I rather was outside for my photo shoots, checking the photos after it and deciding which one would be published. To be able to do everything i wanted. Since a long time i had the idea to leave the magazine and to open my own photo gallery. Since I was a little girl i took photos and had that dream. Working as a free photographer, for everyone and not only for one company. I wanted to make people happy with my photos. This idea grew in me and no i was on a point where I had to change my life. The universe gave me a 2nd life, a 2nd birthday. Without Alva i would have died in that parking lot.
I stared at the folders in front of me, wondering if it would be a good idea to quit my job and to spent my money for my own shop. What if it doesn't work? What if no-one wants me for their shootings? "Ri? Hey Ri!" I looked up at Alva, getting back to reality. "Yes?" "I asked you if you'd like to come with me for lunch." "Yeah, sure." I smiled at her. "What's on your mind?" "Oh uhm… i thought about an idea i have." I answered getting up from my chair. I slipped in my jacket and grabbed my wallet. "Tell me about it." "Well… " I wasn't sure if I should tell anybody about it. "Ah c'mon Ri." We walked through the office to the big doors and left the building. "You know i love to take photos and i went to a special photography school..." "Yes." "I think about to quit." I said shortly. "Why?" "I want to do my own thing, my own name, label. I want to open my own photo studio. Especially after this shit." "Wow, it sounds great, but Are you sure you could handle it? I mean all the paperwork and this business stuff." "Yeah. I had some requests for shootings in the last few years, but I had to say no, because I work for only one company. I want to be able to work for everyone i want. Maybe I can make a statement and can work for big labels or famous people." "A famous family isn't enough huh?" Alva joked. "Shut up. Maybe It could be difficult for me to make my own name, because of the boys. I mean everyone knows them." "But I could also be a help to start the business." "If the people hear who my boyfriend is and where I live, they could expect too much from me." "Hey don't worry. Your work is amazing!" "Maybe I should forget all of this. It might be the wrong decision." "Wrong decision? Damn, i see that you're not happy here!" "Yeah… C'mon let's change the object." I said, as i sat down at a table. We finally arrived at the restaurant and ordered our stuff. I still thought about the idea. Maybe i should talk with my boys about it.