chapter 13

A week later
*Riley's POV*

Since a week i worked again, i had enough time to clear everything about my house. The house was completely demolished, now I could think about whether I would build a new house or sell it. It was a jard decision, i would love to have my own place, but Shannon and Jared said i should stay at their house.

I sat in my car, driving to the office. I enteredthe office and immediately everything went silent. "What? Do i have a dollar on my face?" I said joking. "Riley! Great! Welcome back... can we talk?" "Sure Mr Carlson." I followed my boss to his office. "So what's about your house? Clould you clear the things up?" "Yes, thank you. I really needed the vacation." "Good! I have a question... we got a lot of letters from people who asked about you and your articles. I had the idea of an homestory." "About who?" I looked confused at him. A homestory? About who? "About you, a story about a woman who made her own way and worked now with great stars." "Are you kidding me?" "No! Many people asked about your life and how it is to interview Linkin Park, Adele or Rihanna." "That can't be true." I couldn't believe it, the people wanted to know something about my life! "So are you doing it?" "Yes, sure that could be exciting!" He shook my hand and i began with my home story. "Hi Riley, Are you fired?" Just when i heard that stupid voice i had the urgen need to beat someone. Everyone have one of this stupid colleagues, who meant that you didn't deserve the job and wants to ruin everything you build up. "Celeste, shut up. Don't you have some work to do?" "The question is if you'll work any longer here?" "What are you thinking?" "You were away for a long time and you couldn't wrote your articles." "And now?" "Mr Carlson will fire you sooner or later." "He won't, but you should take care Celeste." She stormed away, it pissed her off that she couldn't make me mad. I laughed about her acting.

I had my first part of the homestory ready and gave it to Mr Carlson. "Thanks, i'll read it later." "Mr Carlson?" "Yes Riley?" "Celeste told something about that you'll fire me. I laughed about her, but i know there will be something happen." "Don't worry. I'll clear it." He said friendly. The day was pretty quick over and i drove 'home'.

*Tomo's POV*

I was with Jared and Shannon in the lab when Riley came down. "Hi guys." She greeted us. "What are you doing?" "Hi Babe, we get ready for a new lab episode." "Great." "Yes, we invited 3 fans." Jared said excited. "Okay i prepare some buckets of ice water for waking them up when they faint." She joked around.
Emma came in through the glass doors. "Hi, the fans arrive in 5 minutes." Riley nodded and wanted to leave. "Babe?" She turned, facing Shannon. "You can stay." He said once he kissed her. "Nah, i would disturb that meeting." "You won't. It's a sneak peek." I said smiling and Jared nodded. "Right, you could be a camerawoman." "No, it's okay, it's just for you and your fans." "Riley! You stay!" Jared said sternly. Shannon amd i began to laugh. Suddenly Emma came back with the fans. 2 girls and a boy entered the room, one of the girls began to cry badly as she hugged Jared. It was cute. Riley stood near by the stairs and watched the happening. Jared and i played guitar with one of the girls, while Shannon and the other two sat on some chairs.

*Shannon's POV*

Once the song was over the girl on my left side stood up and walked to Riley. "You're Riley Drexton aren't you?" "Yes, i am." Riley was pretty confused. "I'm Beth, i read your articles! Actually i'm a fan of your work!" "Really?" Riley's jaw dropped. "Hi you two. What are you talking about?" I said once i went to them. "I told her that i'm a fan of her." "Cool! A double meet 'n' greet." Riley's turned slowly from shocked imto happy, a tiny grin formed on her face. Jared came to us and the camera followed him. "This is our Riley, she's a music reporter." She waved with her hand, still smiling. Beth and Riley walked with us to the lounge outside and sat down. Tomo and the one girl sat on side, then the boy and Jared and then Beth, Riley and me. Riley sat in the corner, so she could lay her legs on my lap. We talked a while about their lifes and about 30 seconds to mars, a beautiful lie and this is war.