Tomorrow. I had so much to do. Tonight I was finally finishing off my packing, locking up my apartment and heading to Zoe's for the night. Tomorrow Andre is taking us both to Airport, we'll catch an 8 hour flight to Detroit where Hunter and Eli will pick us up (in disguise, of course). It's a long day for just Zoe and I but it's unimaginatively exciting. But instead of excitement, I felt sick with stress. I had to pack, tidy the apartment, gather Freckles things, put the motorbike fully away in the garage and come up with an inventive lie to tell Tom about why I won't be answering Skype calls or texts for more than 24 hours straight. It's a lot to do in not a lot of time, plus I'm super nervous about the flight itself and whether we'll pull off our planned surprise. Wish us luck.

"So this is it?" Kiya almost looked like she wanted to cry, but Kiya doesn't cry, "-you're leaving us? After 3 years you're leaving because you're going on some holiday?"

"It's not some holiday Kiya. It's our life. My boyfriend and I."

"This mystery boyfriend none of us have even fricken met! You're leaving us?!" Her voice cracked painfully, making me want to cry.

"I'm sorry, Kiya."

There was a silence.

And then she threw her arms around me.

"I'm gonna miss you here." She sighed, "-you keep us all in line! What are we gonna do without you?"

"I don't know. I'm going to miss you too."

Suddenly, this had just become a lot harder to do.

I let go of Kiya and we got back to baking in the same routine we always did. It almost didn't feel like my last day. We just laughed and chatted away as we made pastries and tarts. Evan came in for his shift as did Alexandra, I told them the news and they both hugged me tightly with cracks in their voices. I didn't think I mattered so much to the people here until now. That really hurt.

"Morning Bakers!"

I turned my head and there in the doorway stood Monica with a poised grin on her lips. Black slim-lined dress, red lips and sand blonde, bobbed hair. She was a serious woman at best, but she meant well. She paid us all well and made sure we were comfortable, she just didn't appreciate our "fun on the job" way of work. My breath hitched in my throat as I wiped the flour on my hands to my apron. She was here specifically to see me today. For the last time, today.

"Netty, I don't have long, I just popped in before i head to a--"

"It's fine, I'll be quick."

I took a shaky breath and skipped to the storage room, grabbing my letter of resignation from my bag. I felt so nervous walking past my friends to Monica's office (where she'd retreated to). I got sympathising smiles and kind words but I still felt like I was making the wrong decision.

"What can I do for you Netty?" She asked me as I walked in, leaning her body against her run down desk. She didn't work here often, only 2 days a week at most.

"Uh."

I swallowed hard and held out the envelope.

"I'm here to give you my resignation."

Monica cocked her head, a little shocked, before taking the envelope from my hand gently, "Netty--"