4 // Sync

[please ignore my shitty lyrics in this chapter, I'm not a song writer yet, so they're all pretty stupid]

[A N N E T T E]

I woke in a blur, my head aching, my throat burning in a tingling sensation. I looked at the spot beside me. Empty. That was okay, I knew what this was now. It was okay. It was all okay.

As I stared around the room, my time to get up still an hour away, I thought. My mind wandered to memories I hadn't thought about in a while, I'd been pushing them away, keeping away the yearning, missing feeling. But sometimes, in mornings like these, I let my mind wander to those memories. This time, early in the morning when the curtains were closed and the light was dim, was the only time let myself feel those emotions again.

Any other time, they stayed away.

I stared around the room. So much had happened in our little apartment flat. 4 years we'd lived here, 4 years of memories. 4 of the best years of my life.

This was our first home out of home for all four of us, Daniel, Zoe, Tom and I.

Daniel's mother passed away, we had to support him through the grief.

Zoe lost her job after a year, she felt like she'd failed. Little did she know that she was going to find an even better one a month later.

Tom and I finished our college years of LPAC, Tom graduating with a music technology and production diploma and I graduating my first two years with top of the class scores and a musical score and composing diploma, so now I can move on to teaching and producing, even advance teaching or composing if I want later on in life.

We built a studio for ourselves, using our own hands and working hard for the money to pay it off.

And the best of all.

I formed a band.

But some of the smaller things were amazing too, like buying fish and a hamster for us to keep in the apartment. Moving in and decorating the place with our own style. Spending Christmas together in our own little home, giving gifts and cooking food. Babysitting my sisters children, Tom and I treating them as our own. All of that.

Just this room I was in was monumental. I was in this room when I received the email that asked if our band wanted to perform for some possible managers to get us up and going in the music business. I was in this room when I got the call from my sister, telling me she'd had her beautiful twins. I was in this room when Tom told me I was his one- that he wanted to make me his wife someday. Tom and I even had our very first time in this room, if you know what I mean.

It was incredible how things had changed. I became the brains of the band, working my ass off to get us gigs and get our name out there, eventually managing it when we got our first big break at summer in the paddock music festival. The boys got signed, I stepped down, I received a scholarship for my first year teaching degree. Zoe got a major promotion and her and Daniel moved into their own home once she's turned 21 and gained access to her trust fund.

Did I make the right decision? I'll never know I suppose.

I could be touring right now.

But I'm not.

"Tom I'm scared." I shivered, trembling at the knees as Tom's hand squeezed mine. Tom, Daniel, Hunter, Eli and I looked amazing in our outfits, electric guitars swung around our body's. Tom, perfectly calm. Me, terrified out of my mind.

Tom laughed, "Netty, two years ago we came to this place to party, now we're performing here! Enjoy it! This is our shot, let's take it!"

We were introduced, the crowd roared and we stepped out, walking onto our positions on stage. As I reached my microphone stand, my black electric hanging around my shoulders by a strap, I looked out to the crowd. Thousands. There were thousands. My throat closed up, my hands trembled. A panic attack looming in my lungs.