10 // Luck

[one day I might get this tattoo, just for my own special reason^^]

[T O M]

"Tom Spencer, lead singer of the world famous band, Chaos Of Mayhem, has been spotted outside his hotel with a blonde woman in his arm. Her face couldn't be recognised as any of the women touring with the band and there's rumours she's his secret girl."

"Secret girl?!" I grunted mockingly, throwing the cheap magazine, in which that picture front covered, at the television screen playing MTV, "-She's a stage hand who was terrified by the crowd and couldn't get outside because of all the screaming girls!"

"Your mystery girl is talk of the town Tom!" Hunter laughed at me, slapping my shoulder as he walked past me in the bus, "-Make sure to inform Netty on all of this talk about you and your new woman!"

"Yeah she'll be thrilled, and she's not my new woman!"

Hunter slid away into the bathroom and I slouched back into the leather seat, breathing out a sigh. I looked at the second magazine in my hand- one of those cheap, bullshit ones that don't tell anything truthful. On the cover was the picture of that blonde stage-hand who I only helped through the crowd because she was scared, not for any other reason! Why do the media take everything so far? I've never even been seen with any blonde girl before ever and they still immediately assume my girlfriend's in town? What the fuck?

The media really felt like a box sometimes. My entire life was out there because of them with their flashing cameras and deceitful lies with no way of escape. It was sometimes too much to handle- but for now, I was handling it.

All I wish was that instead of that blonde girl, I had my real girl, Netty, on that cover with me.

[A N N E T T E]

"No way!" Kiya shouted, "-No fucking way!"

"Kiya let--"

"I'M NOT LETTING YOU QUIT!!"

This morning was going great.

Oh sarcasm, how would I survive without thou?

If the lump in my throat and my trembling hands weren't enough, I now had my work mate and close friend Kiya practically yelling at me that she refuses to let me quit. My anxiety levels were off the scale today as I had so much to get done, but I had a feeling it wasn't going to get better.

"Kiya it's not like I don't like it here it's that--"

Kiya continued to cut me off, "LISTEN HERE, the only reason I'm still in this hell hole is because you make it worth it! You and André treat me better than anyone and you can't leave me! Sorry but no. No No!"

The M&L had always been good to me. Kind staff members, easy recipes, regular, well-paying customers and good hours and pay, but enough is enough. 3 years here has done me well, without this place Tom and I would've gone broke and lost our apartments years ago, but after nights of over-thinking and stress, I've decided that it's time for me to move on. I specifically asked Monica (owner of M&L) to come into the bakery today. She doesn't know I'm handing in my resignation today.

Unfortunately, neither did Kiya.

"Kiya please listen to me!" I tried to be bold as she began walking towards me with a floury wooden spoon, muttering words angrily that I couldn't understand. She stopped in front of me and I sucked in a deep breath.

"It's been 3 years. I'm not needed here anymore, nor does Monica really have the money to pay me. Tomorrow I'm flying to Michigan, America to spend three weeks with my boyfriend. I can't get time off. Quitting is my only and best option. I'm sorry Kiya, I need to move on."