Chapter 9

2 weeks later

Theo and I have been hanging out a lot, and I think Isaac's jealous. Whenever we're together, he always looks at us disgusted and always has an attitude.

When we all sit down for lunch with Isaac, he would always ask some question like "where's your boy toy Theo" or "how are you and Theo?"

He's really started to get on my nerves.

"I still don't like him." Stiles says as me, him as Scott are sitting in his room.

"Why not?" Scott and I asked at the same time. We were talking about Theo.

"He doesn't seem right. That doesn't seem like the Theo from the third grade." Stiles explained. "Yes it does. There's nothing wrong with Theo." I defended my friend.

"Of course you would say that. You've had a crush on him for as long as I can remember." Stiles says.

Scotts jaw dropped. "You had a crush on Theo? No way! Alex, why didn't I know about this?" Scott asked me.

"I didn't go around telling everyone. Stiles was reading my diary and he found out." I said.

"Did Theo know?" Scott questioned. I rolled my eyes and looked at Stiles.

"What are you looking at me for?" Stiles asked. "You know exactly why I'm looking at you." I answered.

"Fine. I told Theo that Alex liked him." Stiles rolled his eyes.

"Really?" "Yes, but he did it for a stupid reason. That was his revenge for me not letting him have my juice box." I told Scott.

Scott laughed. "Do you still like him?" He asked. I started playing with my sleeves and blushed.

"I don't know—maybe." I answer. "You totally like him. And he likes you too." Scott said.

I instantly looked up at him. "What?" I ask him. "How do you know that? Did he tell you?"

"No. It's just obvious. You guys always hang out. And with the way you both look at each other—I can tell." Scott explains.

"Stop talking about this or I'm gonna throw up." Stiles makes a gagging sound.

"You think he'd want to go out with me?" I asked. "I don't know." Scott said.

"Oh, Alex, please don't." Stiles begged. "You guys used to hold hands under the table in third grade. I don't know if I can take that again." Stiles says.

"Shut it, Stiles."
~
It was time for next period, but I was already late. I had chemistry, but I didn't care.

The hallways were cleared already and I was standing in front of my locker, getting books and taking some out.

As I closed my locker, I felt someone wrap their arms around me from behind. They put their hand over my mouth and dragged me into the nearest janitors closet.

I almost screamed, but it would've been muffled anyways.

"Don't worry, it's just me." The person said. I instantly calmed down. He turned on the light. I playfully hit him in his chest.

"Theo! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I told him. He chuckled. "Sorry." He apologized.

I crossed my arms and turned around, pretending to be mad and him. "Hey, Alex. I said I'm sorry." He says.

I ignored him. I had to get myself to not smile. Thinking about him made butterflies fill my stomach.

"Alex." Theo whined, wrapping his arms around me from behind again. I bit my lip, trying not to say anything.