Chapter 9 (Jun Megumi)

I was sitting at my desk looking at a blanket sheet of paper, it stared back at me mocking me as did the crumpled pieces of paper of failed lyrics. My door opened and I turned around. "Morning Jun," Akiko greeted.

"Morning, what can I do for you so early my dear friend?" I asked.

"These are copies of the new music, I'm about to run it down to the studio so we can get the music going, but they need lyrics and probably soon. Shinning wants this CD done," she said as she handed me a stack of papers. I felt my heart sink, but I wasn't about to let her know that.

"Yeah, yeah I got it. I'll get it done," I said as I flipped through them, I felt sick and silently prayed that my songs that I have done would work.

"Writing already?" she asked looking at my desk seeing my failed attempts, I knew I should have thrown those away immediately.

"Yeah, trying to that is, it'll be easier now that's there music to write lyrics to," I replied.

"Yeah sorry about that," she apologized.

"No worries, but you look really tired. Give the music to one of the guys and have them drop it off, then go get some sleep," I commented.

"You don't look much better," she replied trying to get my attention off of her health and onto mine, that would not work, especially not now.

"Akiko, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry about it, and you?" she asked, but I didn't really believe it.

"Just fine, I think we all need a break though," I replied and she nodded.

"Well I'll see you later, have fun," she said before walking out into the hallway.

"Get some sleep!" I shouted after her, but got no reply in return. I looked through all of the songs, the music was great and it deserved the best lyrics, which just made me feel worse. I threw all my crumpled failed attempts into the trashcan and closed my empty notebook before pulling out my old ones. I began to flip through the pages looking at my old songs trying to find one that would work for a certain song. But most of the lyrics were so old that they were down right terrible and could never be used for any song. I sighed in frustration and threw one of my notebooks into the trash, I had thrown it down so hard that it made the trashcan tumble over dumping out its contents on my floor.

"Uh Jun?" Ryuu asked from my door.

"What?" I snapped not bothering to look at him. I had no idea how long he'd been there, usually I could tell when someone was watching me, but I was just so out of it I probably wouldn't be able to tell if someone was standing right behind me.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I turned to look at him feeling my anger rise at the question that I now utterly despised.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?! I! AM! FINE! OKAY?!" I screamed at him and he took a small step backwards, obviously shocked and maybe a little frightened at my outburst. Not that I could blame him, I never talked to anyone like that.

"Jun, we're asking because you don't seem okay," he commented hesitantly. "When was the last time you threw away notebooks? Or uh screamed at someone?" He acted like I was about to jump out of my chair and hit him or throw something at him. Though I can't say I wasn't tempted to do the latter.

"Well you know what maybe I would be more myself if you people just left me alone!" I yelled and he walked away real quickly without another word, though I saw him take out his phone. I'd bet anything that he was trying to get a hold of Akiko. I tried working for a while longer, but I couldn't find anything. There were no lyrics that I had that could work, not without changing them. And I couldn't write a single word. I got so fed up with my inability to do anything for my work that in one quick motion I swept everything off my desk and to the floor with my arms, breaking my lamp in the process. I sat there for a minute longer staring at my now clear desk, the view of the pile of stuff stayed in the corner of my eye. I just shook my head before standing up and walking out of my room.

"Jun? What happened? Where are you going?" Nanami asked, but I didn't answer her. I just kept walking. I called a cab as I walked out of the house. When I met up with the cab, the driver asked me where to go. I didn't know so I told him to just drive. As we drove my phone began to ring off the hook. Syo, Ittoki, Nanami, Natuski, Ryuu, everyone was calling me, texting me. But I just let it ring. Several times the driver asked me where I wanted to go, but I never gave him an answer. Finally I decided on something. I answered the next time Syo called.

"Jun! Where are you? What's going on?" he asked hurriedly and I could hear the other's voices in the background.

"Syo... I just... I just need to be alone for a while. I feel like... I can't... I'll come home, I promise. Don't worry about me, tell the others not to worry and tell Shining that I'm sorry. I love you, Syo, you have to know that," I said before hanging up on him not letting him reply. I already felt like breaking down and crying, having passed my anger a long time ago. I just needed to be away from everyone and everything... all the pressure.

"Miss, we can't just keep driving around," the driver said.

"The bus station please," I asked and he nodded, pleased that I finally gave him a real answer. Unfortunately he was the only person getting a real answer. The others would only swarm me if they knew where I was going, the thing was I still really didn't know where I was going. When we got to the station I paid for the long ride and thanked the driver. I looked at my still ringing phone in my hand before turning it off and leaving it in the back of the cab. I felt bad for not telling anyone or anything, for making them worry so much, but at the moment I didn't care.