Chapter 4 (Akiko Rei)

Despite the fact I was in the middle of work I stopped to watch Jun's interview. She was doing great, and she and Syo looked so cute together, until her father walked in. The moment Jun ran off screen I was running down the hall.

Since I was only on the second floor I chose the stairs over the elevator, but once I flew out the door I realized I had two immediate problems. First, the entire area was covered in paparazzi and second, I had no vehicle. The flashing lights were incredible disorienting, but I pushed through the crowd (with the help of some of the guards who were just as surprised as the press).

I was only standing on the street for a moment when, much to my surprise, Akio drove up on a black motorcycle. "Akio." I flagged him.

"What's up?" He asked as he pulled off his helmet.

"I need a ride." I informed him, climbing on the back before he could object.

"Okay. Slow down. Where and why?" He asked.

"Cinematic TV, studio 3." I told him.

"Isn't that where Jun is?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes. And her father just showed up during a live broadcast." I informed him.

"Ah." He seemed to get that we needed to go and didn't ask any more questions. He paused just long enough to stick the helmet on my head before we shot off into traffic. Even though there were a lot of cars we made it to the studio very quickly, mostly because Akio was really good at weaving through traffic.

I leapt off and tossed the helmet back to him almost before he had stopped moving. I ran inside and ignored the desk ladies yelling at me as I ducked into the elevator and headed up. The elevator seemed to take forever, my foot was tapping with impatience.

The doors opened with a ding and immediately I ran to the studio door. They were on a commercial break as far as I could tell, but while Syo stood alone with his arms crossed the host was talking to Jun's father. "Syo." I went to him.

"Rei. You're here." He said and I nodded.

"Got here as quickly as I could. Where is she?" I asked.

"I don't know." Those three words was enough to tell me it was killing him not to know.

"Go find her. I'll do my best to smooth over the interview." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded.

"As much as you may not want to admit it I know Jun better than you and I know what she'd be okay with me sharing and what she wouldn't." I said.

Syo nodded and ran off. "Ah, wait, Kurusu!" The host called out to him, but Syo completely ignored him.

"Hello. I'm Akiko Rei, Modern Classic's guitar player." I held out my hand to the host.

"Oh, hello. Why are you here?" He asked.

"I was worried about Jun, of course. But if it's alright with you I'm going to handle the rest of the interview instead of Jun and Syo." I informed him.

"Uh... can she do that?" The host looked at the floor manager who shrugged. "Well, I guess we're rolling with it." He said.

"We're live in five... Four..." The floor manager suddenly announced, holding up fingers for the remaining countdown. As soon as he gave the signal the host started talking.

"Welcome back to Celebrity Relations. I'm your host, Hikaru. I apologize for sudden stop in the program. Now, I'm sitting with Mr. Yukin Megumi, father of Jun Megumi, and Jun's fellow Modern Classic band member Akiko Rei, who joined us during the break." He announced to the camera before looking at me and Mr. Megumi, who sat across from me.