Chapter 35 Facts and ReIntroducing

***LUCAS' POV***

Defeated.

That is what I felt. This whole thing was something I was going to lose from the start. I just didn't remember how bad it hurt. Sapphire always found a new way to take herself away from me whether she tried or not.

She has outdone herself this time.

My ribs ache and my mind can't even think of a four letter word. A pounding is wracking through my head and I cannot see straight. It feels as if poison is running through my veins.

I can't believe she would say that. "I don't care what you do to him". "I can't believe you actually thought I loved you". My heart hurt a little more just thinking about it.

I love her so damn much.

There was no way my feelings had faded, because there was a gaping hole in my chest and there was no stopping the pain. But look where it got me.

These handcuffs are digging into my skin, burning circles around my wrists. Dried blood acted as some kind of shield against the grating gold. The cell smelt of old gym socks and musty water.

I gagged as I saw a swarm of cockroaches skittering across the floor. There was no bench in here. Just a molded floor that I was hesitant to sit on it at first. But they pushed me into the wall and made me black out. That is why a big lump was forming on my head now.

And that is also why I am on the floor now. No way did I have the strength or energy to stand up. I was done. If I were to die right here, I wouldn't be let down.

Footsteps made me tilt my head up from its hanging position. That was unusual because I hadn't heard anyone for a while now. It wasn't much longer until I would be lost forever, so I just dropped my head again and waited for it to come.

I wasn't scared, no. I was just simply done. I was tired of trying and living. I just wanted it all to be over. Nothing was okay anymore. My brother was gone and so was she.

My body shut down. And I shut everything out. Well, everything out but the sound that yet again made me raise my head. Except this time I was caught off guard by a man standing in front of me flanked by two Kalers.

"Lucas."

***KRYLAN'S POV***

I don't know what happened to me this past month.

It was like I was here, but I didn't have any control of my actions or emotions. I was in my body, just locked away in the corner, unable to do anything. Everytime I tried to stop doing something or try to feel something, I couldn't do it. My body just would not collaborate with me.

But I know I did some things I could never undo.

I betrayed Sapphire.
I almost beat her to death.
I broke her.

My heart throbbed. I had to see her I just had to. Once I finally could move my arms and legs again and I felt normal, I looked for her. She was out against the wall.

I ran over to her only to get pulled away by some ugly Kalers. "Let me go! Let me see her!" They pulled me farther away by my arms as they lifted her unconscious body into their arms. "Sapphire!"

But she was already taken out of the room. When I finally found that she was in the recovery room, I waited outside until they would let me in. In the hour I sat there I had come up with what I would say to her.

I had to atleast try and make this right.

But when I got in there, and saw how scared she was of me, I froze. She was so shattered it hurt to watch. So I just hung my head down and took her anger and hatred and fear.

But after a while I couldn't stand it. She couldn't just not know what I felt and how sorry I was. So I kissed her. And boy did I kiss her with all I have. Only for her to throw it in my face and break my heart again.

Yet again I was drug out by the ugly creatures. But I was done fighting. I had lost her and my brother. So they drug me to the dungeon, or whatever you want to call it.

I kept my head down as they pushed me through the hallways. Nothing felt attached. It was like I was an abstract art piece, nothing ever quite fit with anything else.

Finally we reached the cell and I slowly brought my head up. I was met but a dirt clad boy, his black hair stuck to his forehead and head hung down in defeat. My heart rolled in my chest and a small smile etched onto my dirty face.

"Lucas."