Chapter 30 Live A Little

"I don't know about this."

The building was practically causing an earthquake. Music thudded through the ground and vibrated my bones. The building was completely dark beside the neon lights indicating that the club was called 'Skull Magic'. Terrific, right?

"Sapphire, you'll be okay," Lucas assured me for what felt like the 50th time. I took a deep breath and focused on the people around us. Some were beautiful in a weird way, but most were terrifying. They were dressed up as animals, demons, ghosts, and some other things. I don't think I match the quota here. And plus, the people are quite intimidating.

End of story.

"I don't know Lucas I mean I don't think I fit In here," I said, motioning at my clothes. A white tank top, ripped black skinny jeans, and combat boots. Lucas eyed me up and down and a small smirk made its way to his face.

"Oh trust me, you will fit in perfect," he grinned. What was he like mental or something? These people were like mutants. No offense i mean I'm sure they just dressed up for the party.

I was about to cave in when I noticed something. The citizens just wandered on by like there was nothing there. Like they didn't see the weird costumes, or even hear the thudding music. I mean it's kinda a big spectacle. "Um, Lucas, why are those people acting like they don't see this," I asked, motioning to the building.

"Because this is no ordinary club. This is a club for downworlders, people like us. The humans can not see this because they are not like us. So are you gonna keep whining, or you gonna go in their and dance your little butt off with our people," Lucas spoke, finishing his speech with his fist punched in the air.

I giggled, but butterflies still crawled in my stomach. Not sure what for. "Hey my butt is not little," I protested and he smiled. But alcohol, dancing, sweaty bodies? Hmmm.

Not my cup of tea.

"Can't we just like go eat at a buffet or something? Dancing is too much exercise," I groaned.

Lucas came behind me and started pushing my shoulders. I could hear his shaggy black hair shaking as he did so, and could sense his eye roll. "You're overreacting," he sighed. Then quickly, he spun me around to face him. My eyes landed on his pink lips, then slowly trailed to his shining, colorful eyes. He faltered on what he was going to say next, and somehow found his way closer to me, and looked down at my lips. I was still epically and beyond mad and hurt by him, but my god he was so freaking hot sometimes.

Damn him.

Lucas regained himself and said, "Live a little."

With that, and a crooked grin, I was shoved into a swarm of sweaty bodies and loud, mind shattering music.