''Tabby is her name.'' Nova whispered.

She hadn't pronounced that name in years and as soon as the name rolled over her lips, she could feel the presence of her mother. She remembered how it felt to live with her. Within seconds she relived every moment she spend with her mother. Nova saw her mother's grey eyes, bright blonde hairs and long nose. Tabby's awfully annoying laugh that always sounded forced, her endless attempts to stop doing wrong and most of all Nova remembered the infinite failures at those attempts.

''She's still in the Netherlands, you said?''

Nova nodded. She hated to admit how relieving it made her feel to explain her life to someone. Even if all those horrible memories about her mother hurt her all over again, she felt relieved to open up.

''Do you know anything about your father?''

Stretching her legs, she cracked her neck. Something about how she'd slept the night had caused some terrible myalgia in every one of her limbs.

''He's dead.''

Sheriff dropped his pen from confusion. He stared at Nova for a couple of seconds before he glared over at Stiles. Frowning deeply, he then looked back at her. ''Stiles told me you were here to visit your father?''

Confirming that, Nova nodded. She had felt more disappointed than she should have felt when she heard that Stiles had told his father that. Nova had hoped he would tell anyone. She was convinced that Stiles understood how he wasn't supposed to talk about anything she told him. But apparently Stiles didn't care.

''Somewhere in the Preserve he has been buried, I have been told.'' She confessed, blood left the veins in her head. She turned pale, almost looking ill as she felt more and more dramatic over what Stiles had done.

''You moved to California more than 119 days ago by yourself?''

Once more Nova felt a disappointing rush of emotions floating through her veins. Stiles had told his father way too much. This wasn't something to be told to everyone. This was something Nova felt sensitive about, something she trusted Stiles with.

''My mom wasn't the perfect stereotype mom. She didn't drink tea with me when I came home from school, she didn't tuck me in at night. She was crazy, something that I believe my father knew too. She was literally obsessed with my father. Painting 231 paintings of him, writing 23 poems and songs about him and simply doing everything he ever asked, she allowed herself to live as some kind of slave. It must have made him go insane.''

She breathed, looking over her shoulder for a second to look into Stiles' eyes.

''When dad left, my mother started hating on him. Everything about him was suddenly terrible while a week ahead she was deeply in love with him. She started drinking so much that's truly a miracle that she's still alive. She didn't kick me out or hurt me in any way. I just.. I don't remember much about my dad, but I do remember loving him. I wanted to know why he left me.''

Sheriff nodded and took his chance to speak up when Nova stopped to breath. ''So you ran away?''

''That would be a summary of the story. I started saving up money at the age of 10, but when I turned 12 I found out about his death. Somehow that inspired me even more to save up money. A year later I had enough money, but I started doubting. Perhaps my mother needed me.''

''But you went eventually.'' Sheriff concluded.

Nova nodded softly, she stared at her fingertips. ''I've tried to help my mom. She didn't want to go to rehab, she didn't want my help. And so yes, eventually I went.''

Little Worrier - Stiles Stilinskiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें