LIKE IT LONG

LIKE IT LONG

Well people you have almost got the perfectly hot wattpad story now. You have kissed a lot of a$$ and now people are actually reading your story. It looks like it might even find a place in the What’s Hot List!

Congratulations! A few more steps and the transformation of your story will be complete.

Like the name suggests (yes I know you figured this one out too, kudos to you for your excellent detective skills. Seriously, it’s like you are the modern version of Sherlock Holmes or something!), your chapters should be long. I have the great knowing (and probably have also heard a million of people here bickering), which tells me that people like long chapters.

Why wouldn’t they? Ever seen a hot runway model? Yeah,the ones with such long legs that you’d probably get lost trying to scan the vast expanse of length from their toes to where the legs meet the torso. Every time you see those legs a long sigh of longing escapes as if it had been dragged right from your lungs.

Since you want your story to be like a hot girl-a sold out model, you might as well give it long legs. There are many other advantages of long chapters too.

First of all, since you don’t take my advice and upload after long duration of times, you might as well post longer chapters to keep them(your fans) happy.

Second, people (especially teenagers here) get distracted very easily. Take advantage of that. Since you HAVE to post almost every day and can’t always come up with chapters that make sense, make them long. Somewhere in between the third and the seventh page of your newest upload they will eventually lose track of what’s happening exactly and they won’t be noticing the errors you made in your haste too. Translation to Wattpadish-you can almost get away with writing gibberish (yes, almost. There is always the occasional smarta$$ who reads your stuff like his life depends on it).

Like every rule, this one has an exception too. If your readers are on your profile for your so called ‘Short Story’, it means they don’t have time to read novels. So longer chapters are definitely going to make them run a mile a minute away from it.

Now, I know what you are thinking. How can I write long chapters? A wattpad page is almost equivalent to two word pages. Writing that much is tough at times and my brain has already been sucked out of all its creative juices from posting something regularly. So what should I do?

Well you need not worry my child; I have the perfect solution for that too. But practice patience. I have to save SOMETHING for the next chapter too, right? By the time you finish the next chapter, you will be writing chapters longer than the Great Wall of China. And yes, if you are wondering, it WOULD be seen from space too.