12

Alana stood by the basin in the Hades cabins bathroom, water dripped down her face and into the full sink. She had been rushing in and out of the bathroom for the past hour, trying to get rid of the make up- pale lip gloss, gold eyeshadow, and black eyeliner and blush- and trying to mess up her hair. every time she thought she had succeeded, she rushed out in glee to be meeted by a smirking Nico. by now, Nico had started to laugh at her frustration.

"face it Allie" he stated as Alana flopped onto her bed and glared at him, Nico peeked over the book he was reading an smirked "you're going to stay the center of attention for a while"

"ugh- this is not funny!"

"You secretly like it"

"No I do not you son of a Bi-"

"Alana"

"Chiron?"

"You will be visiting Olympus, with two other people of your choice"

"Chiron. she's not ready yet" complained Nico

"Percy had been here less than a week when he had his first, he was less than ready" stated Chiron "anyway, it's not a full one. we just need to know what the voice meant"

"so, I'm going to Olympus..."

"pretty much" replied Nico

Alana stood up and paced around for a bit. her eyes rested on Nico before they they returned to their dance. She was nervous, confused and was trying to decide something. when she finally stopped, Alana looked determined,which scared the living daylight out of Nico.

"Nico, can you come with me?"

"two children of Hades in Olympus, I don't know..."

"but Nico, I'm a child of Persephone. I control plants and stuff... well, I can actually shadow travel, create cracks and everything else... but that's only cause she's married to him!"

"fine... who else?"

"mmphm" she mumble someone's name

"who?"

"eo" she said quietly

"who?"

"LEO!"

"ok.ok" Nico held up his hands and grinned, causing Chiron to smile.

"Leo, you can see her now" Leo's head peeped round the door and grinned mischievously.

"I'm going to frickin Olympus! I get to meet Dad!"

"calm down Leo." Alana said and turned to Chiron "when do we leave"

"in one hour"

================

"my feet huuuurrrrrt!" wailed Leo

"look, Leo. we'll catch a cab and meet chiron and Nico there."

"yay!" his face lit up. Alana stopped him in the middle of the busy sidewalk and hailed a taxi, as they climbed in the driver looked back at the two and raised an eyebrow

"sightseeing" stated Alana

"yeah! empire state building pwease!" giggled Leo. Alana managed not to laugh as the cab driver turned back to the wheel and shook his head discretely with a worried expression on his pale face. the two watched as the price went up to a staggering amount. when they reached the empire state building, Leo climbed out and ran towards it. Alana thanked the driver and pretended to do up her shoe laces before running after Leo, the driver was mad. they reached the elevator and pressed the 'non existent' button that took them to Olympus. when they reached the top, they noticed that the clouds were dark and stormy.

"Not a good sign" whispered Leo. they climbed up the platforms and walked slowly through the little town, Chiron and Nico became small Ants in the distance and grew larger by the second. they were waiting by the entrance to the hall where the Gods sat. looking worried, Chiron guided them into the hall and stopped them in the middle, looking expectantly at Zeus. next to Zeus was Poseidon and Hades, both looked very vexed. Alana spotted her mother sitting on the arm of Hades' throne, smiling brightly down at Alana's outfit and complexion but sadness was still in her eyes. all of the Gods looked angry, a few just stared into space, others looked down at the Demigods with expectancy and guilt shining in their eyes.

"DemiGods" boomed Zues' voice "we have called you for a reason... we are in a time of need and we n-need your-" Zeus started choking on nothing

"we need your help" finished a stern Athena.

"with?" Alana asked boldly. after she had said this, her mother and 'father' looked down at her with admiration.

"well. everyone of us has had something stolen from us. it may or may not be the most important thing to us, but it matters all the same" replied Athena.

"You want us to do your dirty work? We don't even know where to start! It's preposterous! Demigods are your children, mot your slaves! mmmph" Nico covered her mouth with his hand.

"sorry... she's not exactly used to it yet" apologized Nico

"It's fine dear" winked Aphrodite "May I say, what she's Waring is Devine, and that make up and hair. j'adore!"

"that'll be my work" pronounced my mother "I decided to give a unique child a special claiming"

"I love it! too bad her hearts been broken so many times" hinted Aphrodite.

Alana blushed furiously and wiggled her way out of Nicos grip, she began to feel her body heat to the maximum. gasps filled the room and she realized that they were gasping at her. as she looked down at the floor, Alana screamed but instead of a scream came a squawk. Alana looked down at the polished marble floor and spotted a pheonix in her place.

"did I forget to mention that your actual dad may have been an ancestor of Frank's?"

Alana returned to her normal form and fell to the floor. She looked up and stared into her mother's eyes.

"What do you mean, ancestor?"

"well, you see. since you were born a long time ago-the 1940s-the Greek creatures were more powerful, so to save your life, Hades froze you in time to save your life. since I cared for you so"

"um ok, so I might just be Frank's long lost grandmama?"

"No, sweetie, just a relative"

"my life is messed up"