f i f t y - f o u r

•Jack's POV•

Ava and I are back home in Cali and I honestly already miss her family. They are so loud and funny, I know the second we landed Ava started to miss her family more than she thought she would.

"You miss them?" I asked her as she started unpacking.

"Yes, its crazy. I thought I would be fine but I honestly miss them."

"I know you do, and don't worry you'll see them again soon," I smiled to myself.

"Do I have to wait almost a year to see them again?" Ava said as she turned to face me.

"I promise you won't have to wait that long."

"And how are you so sure of that?" She asked.

"I'm just sure it wont be long don't worry Ave's," I said as I stood up and walked behind her wrapping my arms around her waist.

"I sure hope that you're right."

"I know damn well I'm right," I smiled as I kissed her neck lightly.

"Let me finish unpacking Gilinsky," she said as she continued to take out clothes from her suitcase.

"Fine," I groaned as I let go of her.

"Shouldn't you be unpacking?" She asked.

"I'll do that later," I said as I sat on the bed.

"Come on, just get it over with," Ava said as she grabbed my suitcase.

"Fine, then can I have you all to myself?" I pouted.

"Maybe you can. It all depends," she smiled as she handed me my suitcase.

"In that case lets get unpacking!" I smiled as I put my suitcase on our bed and started unpacking.

After what seemed like hours of unpacking, Ava and I finally finished and we were starving. Matt called Ava wondering if we wanted to come over for some food. We will never let down free food. So once we were ready we made our way over to Johnson and Matt's place.

*Skip car ride*

"Come on Ave's I'll even carry you if you really want me to," I laughed as I stood outside as Ava was sitting in the car.

"I'm just so lazy," she whined.

"Come on," I said as I unbuckled her seatbelt and grabbed her legs and turned her towards me.

She threw her hands in the air and I wrapped my arms around her waist as she wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist.

I shut the car door and locked the car. I slipped the car keys in my back pocket as Ava nuzzled her face in the crook of my neck. I brought my hands down to her butt to keep her up and I felt her lips form into a smile.

"Gilinsky," she giggled.

"Rose," I mocked.

"I'm tired," she whispered.

"I know, we're going to eat then we'll be back home so we can rest," I said as I started to walk up to Johnson and Matt's apartment.

Once I reached their place I knocked and a few seconds later the door was opened by Johnson.

"Hey you two," Johnson smiled.

I walked inside still carrying Ava and Johnson shut the door behind us.