f o u r t y - t w o

There is a video attached above of the dances Ava is taking to finals with her group. The last dance is the dance that Ava and Jack dance to in this chapter. (Take Your Time by Sam Hunt) These dances are by Matt Steffanina, his dances are amazing, I honestly spend hours watching his videos! You should check them out if you like them!
--

•Ava's POV•
•Friday night: 7:00 p.m.•

"Alright you guys, I think y'all got this down, and really good! I think y'all are ready for finals," I clapped as we finished the routine.

"Ava! Can we go over it one more time?!" Rebecca asked.

"Yeah, y'all run it one more time but without me. I wanna watch y'all-"

"I want to see what y'all got too," Jack said walking in through the doors.

"Yeah! We need someone who hasn't seen it to see what they think about the dance," Daniel said.

"Hey Jack!" My dance student Emma said.

I honestly think Emma has a small crush on Jack, I mean she's 17 I don't blame her I was in her place a year ago.

"Hey Em, how've you been?" Jack asked walking towards me.

"Good," she blushed.

"Hey babe," Jack said wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"Hey you," I smiled as he kissed my cheek.

"Zac, play the music and start from the top, show Jack what y'all can do." I smiled.

"Alright," Zac ran over to my phone and played the song again and got in his position.

"Pay attention Gilinsky, you just may learn something," I laughed.

"We'll see about that," he laughed.

They started the routine and I honestly couldn't be any happier. I felt my eyes get a bit watery but only of joy. I kept a smile on my face watching these kids.

Rebecca being the youngest in this group is only 16 but she really knows how to move. I see myself in her when I was her age. Daniel is the oldest in this group, he's 18. He always comes to me when he has ideas for a new dance which I love, he isn't afraid to express himself. Emma is like I said 17, she was really shy at first but once she got comfortable around me she started to show her true talent. Zac being 17 is unique, he's not your typical 'street dancer' he puts so much emotion in his dances and I see him going a long way with this passion of his.

"Babe?" Jack snapped me out of my thoughts as the kids finished the dance.

"Hey you okay? You're crying," Jack said cupping my face.

"I'm just so proud of these kids," I smiled and wiped my tears of joy.

"Aww Ava are you crying?" Emma asked.

"This calls for a group hug!" Rebecca yelled as they ran to me and hugged Jack and I.

"I love you guys," I laughed.

"Well Jack, what do you think?" Emma asked as we separated.

"I think y'all are just missing one thing," Jack said.