☯Chapter VI

There was a very unfortunate girl.

So young, yet left alone in the woods, abandoned before she's capable of feeding herself.
She didn't know exactly how she was alone in the first place. People calls her stray dog, but she didn't had any grudges on who might be her owners who abandoned her.

And they might be right.

Her straight long silky white hair, and on top of her head, her dog ears were pointing up.

It was too hurtful for her at first, but she had became adapted to it and accepted it. They aren't wrong, her ears looks like a dog's, she can't deny that. And what's more to it, she also had a pair of sharp canine teeth and claws as her nails. And her golden irises will also compliments all her appearance that she disliked.

But even though she had tried to accept it, and tried to loved for who she was and what she was, she was still insecure of how she looked like that she had to cover her head to cover her dog ears and also herself.

She tried to smile above all of it even though her eyes and tears would betray her.

If she can't be with humans, she did tried to get along with the demons.

She have thought that, the reason why humans doesn't like her, maybe she was a demon. She may look like a human, but most of her appearance says it doesn't. And maybe they are right.

And humans naturally won't get along with the demons. There was this invisible barrier that divides them on which a child as her still can't understand.

But also, demons doesn't honor her existence. And it only made her more scared than a human would do to her when they saw her.

If she wasn't a human, nor a demon, then what is she?

She asked herself, over and over again with that same question.

She was tired from running. She was tired of hiding.
All that was just to protect herself and be alive.

Her mind was completely blank as she stares upon the horizon, staring blankly at the sun that's setting to the west.

"If I die, there's nothing I had to protect anymore," she utters in the air as the brought her sights to look what's down below the cliff.

She had enough of her running and hiding. She wanted to end that cycle.

And the only way she can do that is when she had stopped protecting what she was trying to save.

And that is herself.

She turned her eyes to the winged demons who are in wait for her to take her own life just on the side lines. And their piercing red eyes scares her, but now she had the this new way to escape it by ending this loop.

She doesn't really care now if her body would be eaten by them if ever she died by the end of it. But she won't deny the feeling that she was only good for a small feast for them was really hurtful.

She turned her back on the direction of the sun then let herself fall from the cliff.

"The red tinted sky looked so beautiful," she utters at the deep red and orange colored sky as it gets farther in every second as the gravity pulls her down.

She closed her eyes, already contented on seeing the sky as the last thing she would see and finally achieving what she wanted, to sleep.

She can't even remember a time in her life that she had slept peacefully without looking up for herself to get killed by humans or be eaten with demons.