❀Chapter IV

"Hello? I arrived at Shibuya, but...eh─? The train has stopped? Well, I'll just wander for a bit then. So see you then," she ended the phone call right after that and thought of getting some ice cream as she waited for her friend that she had talked over the phone.

"Come on, can't you lend us some money?"

Her attention was grabbed by a demanding tone of a man. And there she saw a girl around her age, pestered by men who are obviously not related to her in any way.

"You seemed like a nice lady. You had a lot of spending money anyway, right?"

"Whoa─! She's crying! These men are the worst!" She thought in a panic.

She went to where the girl was without giving it a thought on what she'll do right after involving herself.
But her witty brain had give her an idea on how she'll pull it off like it was only natural. As much as she wanted to, she would want everything to be under control and avoid unnecessary violence.

"Jeez! Where have you been! The movie was about to start!" She says, wrapping her arm to the girl's arm.

"W-wait," utters the girl and even though her eyes were covered with her high-graded glasses, anyone would be able to read that she had no idea what was going on.

"Wait, really? That is your friend?"

"I thought she was alone."

She immediately shielded the girl with her body from the men that had been bothering her for probably money matters, then confronted her face to face.

She tried to communicate with her by telepathy, even though she knew it would be impossible, but that's the only way that she can think of finding a way to tell her that she was trying to help her out.

The girl finally realised that she was there to save her.

She was finally freed from a future disaster and all her thanks for a kind hearted stranger.

"Are you alright? Is this your first time in Shibuya?" The stranger asked her.

"Ye...yes, uhmm...th-thank yo...you very m-much," shy, stuttering in her words, but she did her best to talk. She wanted to show how thankful she was to the stranger who saved her from the bad guys, but her tongue was twisting that she had a hard time to speak correctly.
"I would like to see Shibuya for the first time during summer break. But they really inconsistent. I got involve with....how did I..." She says, managing to speak straight, but she was still nervous, as she was twirling her index finger together.

"They're picking on you, because you look too meek and innocent! No wonder bullies are preying at you!" The stranger scolded her. She was scared on how a stranger raised her voice at her, but at the same time, she's beginning to like the stranger.

Clearing her throat, "I'm Airi. Second year high school," her savior introduced herself to her. "And you are?"

"Um, I'm Mori Sayoko. Second year middle school," she introduced herself shyly.

"Hey, we're the same!"

The girl who helped her to get out from those men who tried to ask her for money, who introduced herself to her as Airi, flipped her phone open.

Airi looked over to her text message and checked if she had missed a call, but nothing. She went to Shibuya to meet a friend for a night out. She was told that she'll be late, but she was waiting for her for hours now. She was fine with reading a text message like, "sorry, something terrible happened. My pet fish had drowned, I need to give it a proper funeral. Sorry if I didn't comply to or plan on going out," like that and she'll forgive her.