Chapter 32

Ferris POV

                    She stopped crying ten minutes ago. I took her to the restaurant I first met her father at, the place the guys and I went on the first day of school here.

                     As I rub her back, I think of something. "So, there's this...ball. A Christmas Eve ball. We have one every year and my parents expect me to meet someone and settle down. But I don't want to go this year. If I have you by me, it may be less boring."

                     She looks up at me, calculating how many days are between now and the ball. Only a week and a half. Break starts in two days. She slowly nods.

                      "You'll wear one of the dresses we have at my parents. And you'll look beautiful." I kiss her lips gently. She smiles at me, pulling away and looking down, taking a drink of her milkshake.

                     Damn, she's so beautiful.

~~~

                     Ridley falls into me, laughing as we walk down the sidewalk. I had Blu take the car and leave so that my little penguin and I could walk. My arm is wrapped around her back since she's too short for me to reach her waist.

                      As we near the house, I find the familiar black car in front and a tall woman in white. My mother. When we stop at the beginning of the walk to the house, I turn and face Ridley, taking her face in my hands.

                      "Why don't you go inside and start your homework? I'll be inside in a few moments." 

                     "Are you sure?" She asks, a little confused.

                    "Of course I'm sure, my little penguin." She flushes as I kiss her nose before nodding. "Go."

                    She squeaks when I slap her ass as she walks, turning her head to give me a glare. I just chuckle as she scurries down the walk and past my mother, going inside to escape the cold. My mother watches her closely with judgement in her eyes. 

                      Here it goes.

Ridley POV

                       I frown at the paper in front of me. "I'm never going to get it. I'm going to fail."

                      "Shh. Calm down, Rid." Steven says. The guys are trying to help me with my calculus homework. I growl at him, baring my teeth like a wolf. 

                      "Hey, let's take a break." Stephen says nervously. I smile and nod, slamming the book shut. Jumping off the chair at the island, I walk up the stairs to Ferris' room. Sliding my scarf off, I go to the bathroom. On the left side of my neck are two pin pricks, barely noticeable unless you knew what you were looking for or you focused on them closely.

                       I smile to myself, I fingers gently brushing them as I go to wash my hands. I need to get the after smell of calculus off me. When I look up in the mirror, I gasp and spin around. I could've sworn someone was in here with me. Shaking my head and letting out a breath, I go into the room and change into a pair of galaxy printed leggings and a white tank top. 

                       Tying my tennis shoes, I flip my hair into a ponytail and grab my phone, headphones, and a book. The guys look at me curiously as I walk to the basement where I was told there was a small workout area. Setting the treadmill, I place the book on it and begin reading with my music playing and my feet pounding on the belt.