Chapter 1

(Ferris in media box)
"Class, this is our new student, Ferris Bryce." I look up when Mrs. Wright introduces us to someone.
A tall boy with huge muscles- but not like a body builder- stands in front of the classroom with a leather jacket over his shoulder and tattoos up and down his arms. A lip ring sits in the corner of his plump red lips that look oh so kissable. A slightly sloped nose that looks crooked, like it's been broken before, leads to a pair of literally golden eyes. Shiny black locks sweep down over his forehead, making me want to run my hands through them.
Glancing back at his eyes, I see they're on me. Blushing, as I notice I was blatantly checking him out, I look down and bite my lip, continuing my work.
"Is there a reason you missed every class this morning except for this one?" Mrs. Wright asks, crossing her arms over her lace blouse.
"Had to take care of somethings." My heart skips a beat and I cover a gasp as a deep, sexy voice speaks.
"Take a seat by Ridley. Ridley, raise your hand." I move my hand up hesitantly, my heart now beating like crazy.
As he passes all the desk before us, I see the girls winking and sighing dreamily. Ew.
He smells delightful, like a mix of Axe and the woods after it rains. Delicious.
I swallow when he sits next to me, stretching his long legs out so they fit under the desk. Everything is silent but I notice a pair of eyes burning a hole into the side of my head.
Just as I'm finishing my last equation, the led of my pencil decides to break. I sigh and reach for my bag to grab a new one when a hand passes one over.
Looking up with surprise, I see Ferris staring at me with his fierce golden eyes. "Here."
"Thank you." I whisper quietly, so low I can barely hear it. Slipping the pencil out of his hand without touching him, I chew on my lip as I go back to finishing the problem.
The bell rings just as I write the answer. Everyone is rushing out the door to get to lunch but the only other person left besides me and Mrs. Wright, is Ferris.
Standing, I swing my bag over my shoulder. "Can you help me find the cafeteria?"
I look back at Ferris, wondering why he would want to subject himself to talking to the nerd. But either way, I nod.
He grabs his black backpack and his leather jacket before standing and following me to the door.
We go out the door and down the deserted hallway, hearing the slapping of Timberlands beside me. It's akwardly silent, well to me it is.
We hear the noise if the students in the cafeteria before we see the black double doors. "That's the cafeteria."
I stop a few feet away from the doors and so does Ferris. "You aren't eating?"
I shake my head at his question.
"You need to eat something, you're too skinny." I blush at his comment but look up to see his face.
"I'm not hungry." I whisper. My voice never reaches above a whisper at school.
"Well, too bad." He grabs my wrist and starts tugging me towards the cafeteria. My heart races as I feel sparks and coolness surround my skin.
As soon as the doors open, everyone turns to us. I see a table of five boys, all in black and tattoos. The new kids.
Watching the tiled floor, I stumble as he drags me along and fills a tray with pizza, chicken sandwiches, and wraps. Jesus. He pays for everything and grabs two waters before pulling me to the table of new kids.
I stare with wide eyes at the tray he places in front of me. "Youre crazy if you think I can eat this."
He chuckles and I relish in the sound of it. Discreetly of course. "This is Ridley. Ridley this is Jason, Everest, Stephen, and his brother Steven."
I wave shyly at the hot boys who aren't as hot as Ferris. They chuckle and I look down and grab a chicken nugget. Biting into it, I moan lightly at the taste.
"When's the last time you ate?" I stiffen at Blu's teasing question.
Shrugging my shoulders, I pick at the pizza, not wanting to eat anymore. They all continue talking and ignoring me.
My phones buzzes multiple times so I bring it out of my boot and see they're all unknown numbers.
Going through the texts, I feel tears build up.
'Youre a slut.'
'Go kill yourself.'
'You aren't worthy enough to sit with them'
'Even you're own parents don't like you '
After reading this last text, the tears finally spill over.
"Ridley?" I love the way my name comes out of his mouth but whoever sent that text was right, I can't sit with them. "What's wrong?"
I shake my head and grab my bag. Standing, I whisper "I have to go."
Sniffing, I dash out of the cafeteria and outside to my car. Speeding out of the parking lot, I sob. As soon as I reach my house, I run up the stairs and slam my door shut.
Hopefully, my bed will comfort me into oblivion.
☆☆☆☆
"Where's mom?" I ask dad, plopping on the counter as he pours a glass of apple cider.
"Staying late for work." I sigh.
"Of course she is." I look down, tears filling my eyes for the second time today.
"Hey, how about we go out for dinner? We can go to Maceno's." I look up at my father who's face is alight with hope. So I nod and race upstairs to change into a fitted baby blue sundress and white converse with a white jean jacket.
My dad and I belt out the lyrics to different songs as he drives to the Mexican restaurant on the edge of town.
The bell above the door rings as we walk inside. "She looked like a poodle."
I laugh as my dad tells me about the woman at his business meeting today. He works for a company that models cars.
We seat ourselves at a table near the corner. "So how was your day?"
"Fine." I whisper, looking down at the table cloth.
"Ridley." He warns.
"Fine, it sucked. We got six new kids. All boys with tattoos and they look scary. One of them made me sit with them and then I got all of these texts and i left school early." I explain all in one breath.
Before he can say anything, we hear a yell. "Riddle!!"
"Papi!!!" I squeal. My father's best friend opens his arms and I stand from my seat and run into them.
"How's my little Munchkin?" He ruffles my hair and I pout before fixing it.
"Good." Suddenly Santana's Into the Night plays over the speakers and Enrique holds out a hand to me. I take it and he pulls me to him.
"Time to dance."

If people say things like that, don't listen to them. No matter what they say or how bad it gets, there's always someone to help you.
From personal experience, I know teachers and adults can't help unless they see it themselves but there are hotlines you can go to or even the police.
Never hurt yourself because someone is jealous and tries to make themselves feel better.