Chapter 15

Ferris POV

My fingers move her hair back. Her pale skin is sweaty and warm against my cool hand. Her fever rose over two hours ago. Sighing, I stand up again and carefully climb out of her bed.

Walking downstairs, I go to the kitchen and begin opening cupboards, trying to find a cup. As soon as I do, I turn to the fridge. Filling the cup with dark blue kool-aid, I grab it and walk back up the stairs, smiling at how childish the girl in her bed is.

Gently tapping her shoulder, she groans. "Wake up, Parola. You need to drink this."

"I would fight you for waking me up but I'm too tired." I chuckle at her, helping her sit up. My eyes trail down her pale skin to her black bra. Her breasts are bulging, almost falling out of the lacy material. I clear my throat and bring the cup away.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, placing the drink on the bedside table and holding her head, tilting it from side to side to see how out of it she really is.

"Better." She smiles at me. I smile back. Until she holds her mouth and tears away from me, running to the bathroom down the hall. Using my speed, I hold her hair back just as she vomits. It's a very good thing vampires can't get sick.

As she vomits into the toilet bowl, I smell that salty scent of tears. As soon as she's dry heaving, I rub her back, trying to comfort her.

"It's okay, Parola. You'll be okay." I whisper in her ear.

Little did I know that her parents had come home. I wasn't as alert as I should've been until the man she calls father yells at us from behind. Oh, shit.