TWENTY THREE - FACETIME

LEAH PRESSED ANSWER and quickly rushed to turn the lamp beside the bed on. She watched as the small screen went from dark to illuminated. Joseph was slightly turned away from the screen, with one hand holding on to his phone, with the other hand putting something to his lips.

He turned towards the screen and waved. "Hello."

Leah smiled and waved back. "It's me."

For some reason all of this made her feel giddy in inside. Here was Joseph looking completely normal and speaking to her. She felt as though a dream had come true.

"Why are you giggling, Leah?" Joseph asked. His question only made her laugh more. Leah lied down on the bed, extending her right arm as she lied.

"I just, I had something or rather somethings to drink. I should have warned you," she said.

Joseph's smile faded into a sad smile. "I can call tomorrow?"

She shook her head and closed for her eyes for a few seconds. Today has been a long day. And tomorrow, she'd have to return to work. Her eyes felt tired.

"No, its alright," she said. She brought the blanket closer to her chest. If she closed she her eyes, which she was, then she could pretend that Joseph was lying right next to her.

"You look so incredibly beautiful," he said. His words brought a smile to her lips. She opened her eyes and watched as he looked at his screen, at her.

"Why do you keep licking your lips?" She asked. "Are you going to eat me? Are you savoring me?"

"They're so salty?" Joseph laughed. She laughed with him for a second before he stopped. His smile faded and he turned serious. He lowered his voice. "Eat you with kisses perhaps."

Her cheeks turned a bright red. Leah laughed, looking away from the screen.

"Okay," she managed to say. She looked at him, at his bright background. "Its day over there."

"Yes, it is," he replied. He was quiet for a moment, as he slightly turned away from the screen and popped something into his mouth. "My flight is today, Leah."

"Do you mean that by tomorrow at this time, you'll be here?" She sat up on the bed, unable to lie any longer. This was enough to wake her and make the sleepiness fade.

"Yes, I do."

"I can't believe you're going to be so close," she replied. The smile on her lips was so wide, there was no way in trying to hide it. Joseph nodded as if saying, me neither. "I can't wait to see you."

He was quiet for a second and then, "I can't wait to see you, Leah."

"Whatever happened to darling?" Leah quickly asked. Something crossed over Joseph's featured so quickly she couldn't tell what it was. He slightly raised his eyebrows.

"Its not special if someone else calls you the same thing," he said. She crossed her arms over her chest and scoffed. Leah covered her cold feet with the blanket and looked up.

"Chris is just nice, okay?" She asked. Joseph said nothing, a smirk on his face. "Are you jealous?"

"I'm not."