Chapter Twenty Two - Confusion

MOST OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK ARE THE WORK OF J.K.ROWLING, NOT MY OWN.

Chapter Twenty Two - Confusion

"Crucio!" Falco screamed, tears streaming down his cheeks as his father collapsed to the ground in immense agony. Narcissa and Barty just stood staring at Draco who was curled up in a ball, his fair blonde hair splayed across the floorboards as he writhed in pain. His wand lay unused in his clenched fist as his screams of torment echoed through the desolate hall.

Rosalind lay in Neville's arms, Her eyes desperately searching his face as she whimpered quietly, the blood flow from her wound was staunching but her pale skin was stained a deep shade of crimson. Snape pulled himself from the floor and walked silently past the unconcious body of Draco and towards his daughter. Falco was sobbing uncontrollably in the corner, his shoulders heaving as he wrenched out each desperate tear.

Neville glanced up as a shadow fell over his hunched form and saw Snape standing over him. The professors knuckles were white from where he was clenching his fists in both anger and fear. His face remained emotionless but his eyes were dark with unbridled fury. He gazed at his daughter with dismay, her skin was ashen and her chest heaved roughly as she took each laboured, ragged breath.

Snape glanced up to see Narcissa cradling Draco in her arms, hysterically screaming in anguish. Barty stood a few metres away from mother and son, his mouth pulled in a thin, tight line. He wasn't concerned for Draco's health, he just felt cheated that he wasn't recieving his prize.

Snape strode over to Falco, who stopped sobbing as he was roughly pulled to his feet.

"Why did you do that, Boy?" Snape hissed, trying to act angry but his face betrayed the confusion he really felt.

"I hate him!" Falco screamed, tears already beginning to pour from his silvery eyes."I hate him! He deserves to die!" Falco was cut short when Snape sharply pulled his collar, causing him to choke from lack of oxygen.

"You Idiot!" Snape spat "You know that he will take this out on Rosalind, don't you? He could do anything he wanted to me as long as he didn't harm her! You ruined everything! Longbottom could have escaped with Rosalind but now you've just made Draco angry!"

"Too right." They heard a gruff voice say. Falco's eyes widened in fear and Snape felt a sharp object dig into the small of his back. A wand.

"You're no son of mine!" Draco screamed, his accusing eyes boring into Falco who whimpered in fear. Snape heard the loud clattering of heels against the floorboards and felt Narcissa's breath on his neck as she whispered;

"You won't have the boy to save you this time Severus." She kissed him lightly on the cheek and laughed. "Why don't you just admit that you still have feelings for me, and all this nasty buisness can end!"

Snape glanced at Narcissa out of the corner of his eye, then returned his gaze to Falco who was frozen with fear. Slowly, he turned around and faced Draco, his pale features turning an angry shade of red.

"Not until you give me back my daughter."

Narcissa laughed tinnily.

"I was worried that we would hit this snag sooner or later." She began.

"But we just can't let you have her!" Draco finished, sneering.

"She's mine now!" Barty joined in, his face lighting up with smug satisfaction as he strode over to Neville and pushed him away from Rosalind, before picking up her unconcious body.

"Like hell she is!" Neville yelled, aiming his wand at a grinning Barty.

"Oh Neville, what can you possibly do to me that won't heart your precious girlfriend?" Barty laughed.

"She's not my girlfriend." Neville muttered.

"I'm sorry," Barty sneered. "I didn't hear that!"

"I said, she's not my girlfriend." Neville admitted defeatedly.

"Ah, yes, too true! Thats because she's mine." Nevilles eyes flashed with anger and he lunged for Barty who just stepped backwards. Neville ran at thin air and stumbled before falling onto the floor. Barty laughed his cruel, sadistic laugh.

***

Authors note (#2)

I may be having a competition soon! The details will be up in the near future, and the prizes include character positions in the sequel (Oh yes, A sequel!)

Spread the word (Don't I sound like an idiot?)

Eden xx