Chapter Two - Stupid Malfoy

MOST OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK ARE THE WORK OF J.K.ROWLING NOT MY OWN

Chapter Two - Stupid Malfoy

Neville was woken by the shrill sound of childrens laughter outside his chambers. He lept out of the sheets but became entangled in the trailing red drapes that hung from the oak beams around his four poster bed. When he untangled himself he grabbed the green woolen jumper that was lain across the back of a red velvet chair. Pulling on the jumper and a pair of black cords he hit the lightswitch and held his wand in his hand before slowly opening the door.

He was greeted by a sight that he had seen many a day during his time at hogwarts. There was a young second grader scrabbling about on the floor looking for his wand whilst a group of Slytherins stood around him laughing. In one of their hands was the wand, but the poor second grader had been cast with the conjuctivitus charm, so was blind and unable to see where his wand was.

The boy was clearly in the Gryffindor house, as shown by the lion emblem on his robe. Slytherin on Gryffindor bullying was really regular in the halls of Hogwarts, and it was up to the teachers to sort it out.

"Right!" Neville bellowed "If you don't give him back his wand, then it's detention for a year!"

The Slytherin boys just sniggered. They had taken one look at the young, inexperienced herbology teacher and saw him as no threat, all talk and no substance. They had no respect for him, but there was one boy in the group who appeared to have a distinctly strong dislike towards Neville. It was Falco Malfoy.

"Ah, look, it's Longbottom." Falco Snarled

"I mean it Malfoy" Threatened Neville, but everyone noted the slight hesitation before he spoke. "Back off , I am your teacher and you will do as I say!" he yelled  but his voice  wavered as he remembered all the torment this boy's father rained down on him during his childhood. Neville didn't want to face Draco's wrath again.

"Certainly Professor," Falco exclaimed in a mocking tone "We'll give his wand back... Later!"

And with that the boys ran down the corridor, shrieking with laughter, leaving a shocked Neville gawping after them and the second grader still scrabbling around on the floor.

Neville bent down and helped the second grader to his feet before leading him to the infirmary where he was fixed up by Madame Pomfrey.

"What happened to this boy?" Asked Madame Pomfrey as she dabbed at the boys eyes with a cleaning potion

"He was hit with the conjuctivitus curse..." Neville began, but before he told her who did it he glanced a whisp of white-blond hair run past the door.

"Malfoy." Neville growled before dashing out of the infirmary after the trouble maker. He was full of anger, he could feel his face glowing red and his eyes narrowed as he glimsed Falco again.

"LEVICORPUS!!!" A beam of dazzling white light shot from the end of his wand. The white light grabbed Falco by the ankles and hoisted him off his feet and into the air. Falco was screaming and shouting as he dangled precariously, meters off the ground and upside down.

"How dare you! How dare you disrespect me!" Falco screeched "My father will hear about this, you will pay for disrespecting me like that!"

However, the pale faced boy was still dangling above the cold stone floor so didn't test his luck too much.

"Give me the wand Malfoy..." Neville growled "NOW!"

Nevilled began to rapidly swish the wand up and down, so that on each descent Falco's head was inches from smashing on the floor. The boy began to whimper and slowly raised his hand. Upon his finger was the snake ring that had been passed down from his grandfather, who was in allegience with the Dark Lord. Glimpsing this ring made Nevilles blood boil, so when the boys hand opened up, showing the wand, Neville snatched it and roughly dropped Falco to the floor.

"You bastard! I could've been killed... You... you bumbling fool!" Falco fumed "My father will hear about this!"

And with that, Falco picked himself off the floor and hurried down the corridoor, away from the angry Neville, who couldn't help but feel that he could have handled the situation better.

"Stupid Malfoy..." He muttered.