Chapter 54: (No) Feelings

Emma's POV:
My eyes met with his. The eyes, I never thought I would see again. A smile grew on his face. How I missed this smile. How I missed him.

"Xander..." I whispered and tears were about to fill my eyes.

His smile grew wider. "Hey Emma Banana."

I chuckled when he said this, I haven't heard his voice since the day he left.

He came towards me and wrapped his hands around my waist. "I've missed you so much baby." Xander pulled me closer to him and hugged me.

We went over into the kitchen to talk.

"Why are you here?" I asked curious.

His smile didn't fade away. "Because I've missed you."

I took a deep breath. "Xander, I haven't heard of you in weeks. I tried to call you, I sent you like a million text messages, but you never replied." I sighed.

Xander sighed as well. He reached out for my hands and placed mine in his warm hands.

"I know... I was busy with my dad. And now that I have holidays in Maine, I thought it would be a great idea to visit my girlfriend."

I took a deep breath. Again. I don't know, but, however, my feelings faded away for him. Of course I was happy that he was here with me, but... I don't know.

"Xander, I don't know how to tell you this. We haven't seen each other in a long time. I missed hearing your voice, your smile, I missed you. But, I don't think that I still have feelings for you. I'm sorry." A knot built in my stomach.

Xander laughed in disbelieve. "What? Okay, you never were good at making jokes."

I didn't reply, and he realized that I was being serious.

"Oh. B-but why?" I could hear the disappointment in his voice.

Tears filled my eyes. It broke my heart to see him like this.

"It's just been too long. I am so unbelievable sorry." A single tear rolled down my cheek. I could see that his eyes were filled with tears as well.

"But we are meant to be together. I'm you Xandy Candy and you're my Emma Banana! I can't stop loving you, I'm head over heels for you, Emma! You found someone better than me, right? Right!?" Xander's voice turned into a mad one.

"Xander, no I-" I now was crying and couldn't control my feelings anymore.

Xander stood up and walked into the living room, I ran after him.
He shook his head no.

"Save it. It was a bad idea to come here. I'm so stupid." he said. And with that, he left.

A/n: Seems like everything's going down hill with Xemma... Will they become close again, like they used to be? Will Emma get feelings for Xander, after such a long time apart? Find out on chapter 54 of Xemma.
~Nina