Chapter 5: Hide and seek

Emma's POV:
On my way to the Grizzly cabin, I couldn't think of anything else than Xander. I entered the cabin, with an excuse for him, but...

"Ravi, is Xander here?" I asked my brother, looking around.

"No, he isn't. Should he?" Ravi replied.

"Well, yes, I really need to talk to him. Now." I answered.

"Oh look" my brother said. "There's a note on his bed."

I read it.

Emma. If you're here right now, and wondering where I am, please don't look for me. I beg you. Just don't. I think Caleb needs you more than I do.

I read it almost 3 times to understand what he was trying to say.

"Xander! He's gone, he- he ran away, because I said yes to this stupid date with Caleb!"

"Caleb's here? This guy from Texas?" Ravi was confused.

"Yes, but, no more questions! We have to find Xander! Come on!" I said, running out of the door.

"Wait for me! You know I'm not good in running!" I heard Ravi shouting after me and he already was out of breath.

Where could he be? We have to find him! What if something bad happened to him? If he's hurt? These thought ran through my head instantly.

"The spot! Ravi, I know where he is!" I shouted in the hope that Ravi weren't collapsed.

But I only could think of Xander. When we reached the spot, I heard someone shouting "Help! I need help!" It was Xander, definitely!

"Xander? It's Emma! Where are you?" I panicked, until I saw him on a projection. His knee was bleeding very hard.

"Xander!"

"Emma? I told you, don't look for me. Why aren't you with Caleb right now?" He asked and I could see the pain he was having.

"Caleb is not important right now, you are!" I replied and looked for Ravi.

"Ravi, give me this rope over there!" He handed me it.

"Okay, now we're gonna get you back up here again. And, go!" Ravi and I pulled the rope. It took us a while, but then Xander was finally off of this projection.

"Xander, never get yourself into trouble again, alright?" I said and rubbed his back.

"Yes. I promise. I was just so upse-... Never mind, but let's go back to the Camp, okay?" He avoided eye contact, and wasn't smiling. Well okay, how the heck could he smile when he was having the worst pain?!

"... Yes, let's go." I replied and helped him up.

I hope he will be alright!