Chapter One

Cemil's POV (CJ)

I woke up to someone shaking me and I opened my eyes to find my mother looking down at me. He motioned for me to get up signalling I do that in silence so that I would not wake up my little brother Roman. I walked silently in the bathroom to relieve myself and brushed my teeth too. When I was done, me and my mother went downstairs to the dinning room.

"Why woke me up this early ma?" I asked him and when we entered the room, I saw my older brother, DJ , and sister Amber, were already here.

"It's a family meeting son." He answered and then went to sit where my father was beside him. I find a sit and sat myself down on it.

"Okay children! Let's get this meeting rolling." I rolled my eyes at my ways of introducing the meeting. He's always dramatic unless he's in serious alpha mode. My dad is an alpha and he has a human mate and a total of four children. The fourth is Charles but he's currently not here, he's on a family business thing.

"By any chance, this is not Roman's birthday planning meeting, right?" DJ asked and ma shot him a look that had him shutting up any oncoming questions.

"Well, yes this meeting is about Roman." Ma said and I wondered what it is about him. Roman is the son of Alpha King Elijah and his mate Kacper. He has an older brother, EJ, but not from the same mother, more like a half brother. There was complications with his birth and it messed up with his human part growth. Today it's his 17th birthday and though he is that much old, he looks like a 14 year old boy with so many childish acts.

"His mate came to see me yesterday and proposed that I let him take Roman with him." My father explained to us and it brought me so many questions. Roman had an alpha mate and alphas finds their mate when the mate turns 10 years old. So when Roman was ten, his mate Kenneth came to claim him as his and luckily despite all the problems Roman showed, he accepted him as a mate. Roman's parents live very far from here and since their son was not that much healthy and strong, they feared being away from his mate would cause him great danger. His mate lives in a pack near ours and his parents asked my parents to look after him until he turned 18, when he will be allowed to go to his mate's home.

"Why does he want to take him this early?" Amber spoke up.

"He's not even 18 years yet!" DJ added.

"Yes I do know that he's not 18 yet but there is a valid reason why he wants to take him." Father paused and I knew he loved to hold off information just to have us on edge. Ma elbowed him and he cleared his throat as we waited for him to continue.
"There has been killings and kidnappings of omegas in the packs around. He-"

"What? Killing omegas?" DJ cut off our father, standing up and ma gave him the look again and he slowly sat down.

"Yes. They kidnap them and kill them later. It's not just any omegas though, it's about omegas who has the gift of healing." Father explained more.

"Roman is a healer." I murmured and the whole room got silent for some minutes. The news was sinking in our heads just of how in danger Roman, our little brother, was in.

"So his mate wants to take him away from us? Dad we can protect Roman just fine." Amber said in a shaky voice and I held her hand in mine since I was sitting next to her. I gave her hand a gentle squeeze and she squeezed back.

"I know we can protect him but his mate is worried. I too think it's best for Kenneth to take Roman with him. No one can keep him safe more than him." Ma said.

"But ma, I'm worried." I voiced out my thoughts. "You know how immature Roman is and we were aiming for 18 because we hoped that he might have to shift in his wolf form by then. They said there is a possibility that he will be normal after his first shift."