Chapter 23: Everything Comes Crashing Down

I wake only an hour later, only to see Stiles sitting straight up.

"What's wrong?"

"Do you regret it?" He asks.

My face turns pale and I still. He wishes we hadn't done it. All this time I've tried to stop myself and he's been the one who hasn't wanted to.

"No." I say, voice audibly different. Stiles sighs and I avert eyes.

"Good. I don't either, you know. I guess I was just afraid that when we were together in some way, it wouldn't be enough or something, or you'd regret it in some way."

A big weight lifts off of my shoulder.

"Stiles anything with you is worth my time. I'm never going to regret doing anything."

"I guess I just have irrational fears." Stiles said, resting his head on my chest. "Like cranes, the machine things not the birds." I laugh and he hums, feeling the rumble of my chest.

"I love you Stiles." I say, kissing his hair. He moves his head, looking up at me.

"I love you too." We share a brief kiss, before I pull him closer.

"When did my life become like this?" Stiles asks. "One day watching Star Wars Marathons, and the next cuddled with my werewolf boyfriend."

I smile. "Well your life is certainly more interesting now that you've met me."

"Yes, for sure." Stiles sighs. "Why me though?" Stiles looks up at me. "I mean, why me of all people, why did I get chosen, or whatever?"

"I don't know. Guess maybe there is a such thing as fate."

"Hmm. I never believed in any if that. Fate, destiny, love at first sight. I'm not sure if I really do now either, but I guess the circumcisions are a little different."

I look at him questioningly.

"I mean, you like me, but it wasn't just normal human appeal or love or whatever that brought us together, it was your mate thing-y. Do you get what I'm saying?"

I nod. "Yeah, I think so. Either way, we're here now, might as well make the best of whatever this is."

"Is this a hint for round two?" Stiles asks. I laugh and hear a knock on the door.

"I thought my dad had a shift." Stiles says. He shouldn't be home. I know almost immediately that it is not John and I'm not happy.

"Stay here." I say to Stiles. I get out of bed quickly and put on my jeans I was wearing this morning, though it is now night.

"What are you doing here?" I growl out as I open the bedroom door.

"You never were good at greetings Derek. How rude of you." Peter says.

He looks past my shoulder and I growl, stepping closer to block his view.

"Why are you here?"

"I've missed you Derek!"

"Cut the bullshit Peter." I sigh, crossing my arms.

"What, can an uncle not miss his favorite nephew when he leaves for five months?"

"If you're here to try and make me feel bad about what I did, it won't work."

"Of course not!" Peter exclaims dramatically. "I'm ever so glad you're back. While it was lovely having Stiles around almost constantly, he just couldn't fill the void."

I growl. I left Stiles there all alone with Peter.

"If you touched him I swear to go-"

Peter laughs. "Now why would I want to touch sweet little innocent- well, not so innocent now is he?"