10: Blurry Stars

The stars in the sky had never been so bright, but of course, at the angle I was hanging from, they were starting to become quite blurry. I sighed as I crossed my arms, the wind blew past my face and left knots in my hair as I watched the sky in fascination. 

“My husband better hurry up!” I sang out in a soft tone, I let out a soft giggle as I heard a loud groan come from the man I called to.

“Sometimes, I question your intelligence,” he muttered as he grabbed my feet with both hands, pulling me in through the closest window. I watched as the stars turned into the ceiling of the very classy room he pulled me into. 

I smirked up at him from the floor, admiring the look of irritation. “Sometimes I question your sanity.”

He smirked back at me, pulling me up and bringing me into a tight embrace. His lips gently rested next to my ear. “You are so going to get it tonight,”

“Ooh,” I snickered. “Me likey.”

He let out his infamous laugh as he let go, walking to the other side of the room to the vault. “Were you planning on actually coming in through the window, or waiting until I noticed you?”

“See, I was going to come in by myself, and then I thought, well, why exert myself when my charming husband is here?”

Even though his back was turned, I could tell he was rolling his eyes and holding back a sly comment. “You’re lucky I love you.”

I walked up to him and slid my hands up his back, watching with soft eyes as he cracked open the vault and pulled out several pieces of art that the museum was afraid to set up on display. “What a shame, they hid these from the world.”

“Well, we definitely won’t!” he gave them to me, I put them in a container and handed them back to him. 

“You hold these while I distract the guards outside,” I grabbed a rope and tied it around my waist.

“You’re going to do something reckless, aren’t you?”

“Yep.”

“Atta girl.”

I kissed him on the cheek before wrapping it around the doorknob and jumping out of the window. Before I hit anything that would hurt me, I twisted my body so I would land on my feet on the stone design that poked out of the front of the building, right above the doorway. I sliced the rope off of my waist and waited until the guards weren’t looking, then I jumped right behind them and landed silently.

“Uhm, excuse me?” they both turned with wide eyes as I used my innocent voice. 

“Who are you?” one of the stunned men asked, I smirked softly, twisting my blue hair around my finger.

“You really don’t know me?” I asked innocently, poking my bottom lip out. “Well, that’s not what I’m here for. I hit a dog with my car, could you come and help me pull him out of the street? I need two strong men like you!” I winked, skipping in front of them as they stupidly followed. 

I heard Joker scoff from afar. I smirked widely and turned to the two men.

“Oh dear me, seems like it ran away. Goodnight!”

I pushed them both onto their backs and knocked them out. The van holding Joker zoomed around the corner, the door opening for me. I jumped in and gripped onto Jack’s arm, slamming the door.

“You little–. . . .” he muttered, I laughed lightly.

“Don’t be jealous,” I winked. “I’ll always be yours.”