Chapter two

I slowly got up and walked away from her grave, tears still streaming down my face. I can't believe I was the only one who could get over myself and go to her funeral. "That's not true" I muttered quietly to myself, Melody wanted to go with me to her burial to mourn the girl I had loved so dearly. I had been the one to say no, feeling uneased about bring my new love to see my old one.

The truth is I didn't feel right going myself, she didn't even remember me, or at least not to my knowledge. I would never know what was going on in her head before she died. I shouldn't have left the hospital I should have been there so that she wouldn't die alone. But no I felt too bad for myself and went to go sleep around. I truly was a horrible person. She would never have forgiven me if she had lived. But she didn't she had gotten what she wanted all along, she was with her family now. Why couldn't I get over her? She was gone and never coming back. She wanted me to move on, I could tell. I slowly came to a stop at the red light, still not sure of where I was heading.

My mind was to boggled up to think of anything else but my memories and thoughts of Zoey. She seemed to be everywhere I looked. I swear I saw her walking down the street. I swear I saw the same dirty look on her face she always had when she looked at me. Blinking and looking again she was gone and in here place was a creeped out stranger. I offered an apologetic smile and drove off, the light having just turned green. I continued straight down the road and out of town, not being ready to face everyone just yet. My mind wandered only having a slight focus on the road, just enough so that no one would get hurt. My thoughts were trained on Melody now and our future life together.

If only Zoey would get out of my mind and heart. I almost wished that she hadn't come back; maybe I would have gotten over her. Just thinking of her face made my eyes tear up. Soon enough I had to pull over to the side of the road, the tears had clogged up my vision. It was about time I headed back home whether or not I was ready to face everyone. I decided against going to my house and instead headed straight for Jake's. Hopefully he would be able to help me sort through this mess.

Your past can destroy your future.