Chapter 6

Grace POV

After the club me and Nathaniel talked about many things. Like how people just label him as a "bad boy". Thats is mean. We walked around the park. "So Grace tell me your story"Nathaniel said. "Well nothing much about me. Normal average girl. I didn't have alot of friends. Nova and Riley are my only friends"I said. "And me" he said. I smiled. "And you"I said. "You are pretty young to be in collage. Most people are 20 or older. Why is that" he said. " Promise you won't tell nobody."I said. "Scout honor"he said. "Well my mom left at a young age. My dad couldn't handle it. He started drinking and hitting me for no reason.  I had no other family besides him. So I tried to avoid him as much as possible. And thats how I grew up."I said. "Mine is similar too. My mom died when I was 7. My dad went crazy. He would blame it on me. So he started hitting me. As I grew older I mange to defend myself. Wyatt and Ryder are the only ones that know of my story"he said. I hugged him. And started singing.

I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, "I'll never let you go"
When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby
Even when the music's gone
Gone

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound.

"Wow you can really sing"Nathaniel said. "Thanks" I said. "Thanks for comforting me"he said. "Graceeeee"I heard. I see Riley,Nova,Wyatt and Ryder falling on top of each other. I tried to hold my laughter but couldn't. "Hahah oh my god guys. Thanks for the laugh. And for making this birthday unforgettable." I said. "See. I told you she liked the idea of us getting drunk"Riley said. "Lets go home"I said. "No we need a cake"Nov said. "Yes a cake "Wyatt said. "Nathaniel please stop them."I said "If I could I would. But you gotta admit it's funny seeing them"he said. So we went to a nearby Stater Bros. As we were walking to the entrace. They fall on top of each other. They walk over to the bakery section. "Lady give me a -"Ri said. "Hey Grace what kind of cake do you want"Nov said. I hid behind Nathaniel. "You are no help. Lady give me a red velvet cake"Nov said. She handed her a 20 dollar bill. "Hey Grace" Ryder said. "Y-yes" I said. "You cute and my man here likes you"Wyatt said. I look up at Nathaniel. He was blushing. I giggled. You know he's not a bad guy. We go to Nathaniel's house. We bearly enter the house when Wyatt,Ryder,Ri, and Nov all fall down. We sat down and ate the cake. "Sorry your birthday came out like this"he said. "Oh no its okay. My birthday was rarely celebrated. So I'm happy. Thanks Nathaniel for making this birthday" I said.  unforgettable" I said. "You go to NYU huh"he said. "Yea. I do go to NYU."I said. "Can I sleep here for the night"I said. "Yea sure" he said. I knocked out in the couch.

Hope you guys like it.