Chapter 1

GRACE P.O.V

NYU. This is it. The moment I had been waiting for. I stood in campus entrance, taking it all in. All my hard work and effort paid off. I swing my backpack over my shoulder and wheeled my suitcase. It was Move-in week. Which typically happened a week before class started. I unlocked my phone and glanced at the campus map. I made a mental note that my dorm room is 325. I took in the school's architecture. With the school being almost 200 years old. You could definitely tell. I wheeled my suitcase along the grand archways and hearing the wheels make contact with the floor. I made it to my dorm building, easy part done. Now to find my dorm room. I already could see the hoards of people walking in and out the building. 

I took a deep breathe. You got this Grace. I made my way into the building. The moment I entered, it was pure chaos. Girls running around, families hauling in luggage. I felt out of place with my singular suitcase and my backpack. I started doubting if I really did bring everything, No turning back now. I made my way through the crowds of people. After many pardon me and excuse me, I was now standing front of my dorm room. 325. This is it. Just as I was about to open the door. I got shoulder check causing my backpack to slip some of it contents onto the floor. I look to see the culprit. It was a brown haired woman. A distinct feature is she had tattoos. " Watch where you are going nerd" and with she left. I stood there in shock. She bumped into me and she has the audacity to tell me to look where I'm going. Not even offered to help me.  I just shook my head and bended down to collect my books.  " Here let me help you out" a new voice said. I looked up and saw a blonde girl once again with tattoos. "oh thank you" I gave her a small smile. I stood up and she handed my books.

"The name's Riley and this one is Nova "she pointed to a girl that was standing next to her. I looked over to Nova. She had black long hair and saw that she a few tattoos as well. " Thank you once again. My name is Grace" I gave them both a smile.  " Are you the other roommate " Nova said. I gave her a nod. "Well that completes the 325 Trio then. Come on, lets get you inside in so you can settle in "Riley opened the door and pushed my suitcase. Nova and I trailed behind her. I took in the room's layout.  It was pretty spacious, well it needed to be if three adult woman were going to live here. The one thing I noticed was the three bedrooms doors. Nice we get some privacy. " Me and Nova took the first 2 bedroom. So I hope you are okay with the taking the last one on the end "Riley pointed to the bedroom. " That's perfectly fine with me. I wasn't expecting to get individual rooms. So that's a plus. I'll go ahead and settle in" I said.

" Yeah, this is your home as well. Give us a shout if you need any help" Riley said with a smile. Nova nodded to reaffirm Riley statement. I wheeled my suitcase to my room. I opened the room and it was bland. A small twin bed in one corner and a desk in another corner. I also saw two dresser. I placed my backpack on the bed. I slowly began unpacking my clothes, shoes, and my essentials. Once I was finally done with my clothes. I moved to the bed, I remembered to bring  my own set of bedsheet set. I began making my bed, was almost tempted to sleep but I had to stop myself. Once I was satisfied with how things looked in my room, I made my way outside. The dorm room had a living room where I found Riley on the floor and Nova sitting on the small couch. " I'm all settled in" I said. Both girls looked up. 

"oh perfect timing Grace. I have something for us to do " Riley said with a smile. I sat down on the floor next to her. " It better not be anything stupid Riley" Nova said. Riley did a fake gasp. "Nova, you wound with such accusations "  she said. Nova just shook her head, " come on, what is your great idea" she said. "My great idea is that we play 21 question, you know to get to know each other" Riley said. Nova just sighed but agreed. " I'm down for that" I said. It was a good activity for us  to do since we were going to be roommates for some time.

"Favorite color" Riley asked. A safe and classic question. Nova just gave Riley a look but she answered with red being her favorite. Riley gave her response with black being her favorite. "Mine would be blue" I answered.  "Any pets ?" Nova asked. I shook my head. " I left my dog with my parents. Well he more a family dog. His name is Milo "she said and showed us pictures of him on her phone. After a few more questions, Riley asked the famous question 

"Are you a virgin" Riley said and watched how I reacted. Nova just shook her head. "Grace you don't have to answer that. If it's too personal, we get it. Don't  let Riley pressure you " Nova said. I gave her a small smile. Nova then gave Riley a smack on the head. "Riley that's enough of your stupidity for one day. Lets go to bed. Grace must be tired and so am I" Nova said as she dragged her to her room. " At least take me to dinner before wanting to sleep with me" Riley joked back. I giggled at her. " Goodnight Nova and Riley. I had a good time getting to know you two. Hopefully we get to know each more. " I said. Nova gave me a small smile and nodded. " Grace you are too cute for your own good. Goodnight Grace" Riley said.

I made my way to my room. I quickly changed into my PJ's . I flopped on my bed and just thought of my first day here. I hope my time here is memorable