Chapter 12

Trigger warning

Draco was walking through the halls on his way to potions class with the Ravenclaws. While he was walking he saw something he never thought he would see.

Harry was kissing another person.

A girl. And that girl was Cho Chang.

Draco felt like a twenty pound weight was dropped on his chest. His head was spinning and his eyes stung with tears. Draco closed his eyes and ran down the hallway quickly.

Harry was cheating on him.

Draco wanted to believe it wasn't true. He wanted to wake up from this nightmare and see Harry in his arms peacefully sleeping. He wanted to hug Harry tightly and then kiss his forehead, laying back down and going to sleep knowing none of it was true.

But it was true.

Draco ran down the corridor as fast as he could as he sobbed. He ran into a person on his way to his common room, and staggered back from the impact. He looked up with tears down his face to see James.

"Hey, Draco what happened?" James asked worriedly. He knew Draco never cried, so for him to be sobbing, something must have really effected him. Draco's face flashed with anger.

"Just because you guys are Potters doesn't mean you get to stomp all over people's emotions! I know I'm not good enough, but why do you all always have to pretend to like me!?" Draco sobbed. He shoved James and ran down the corridor sobbing again. James stood there with wide eyes. What the hell happened?

"Lily! Harry!" James yelled as he ran down the hallway. Lily rounded the corner.

"What happened? What's wrong?" She asked. James saw Harry walking down the corridor with an annoyed look on his face.

"Harry, get over here!" James yelled. Harry ran over. "Somethings wrong with Draco,"

"What?" Harry asked worriedly. "What happened?"

"I don't know. He was sobbing when I found him. Then he started yelling about how he wasn't good enough for Potters and ran off,"

"Oh no we have to find him!" Lily said.

"Where could he be?" James asked.

Meanwhile, Draco was in his dorm room, crying into his pillow. He always knew that this would happen. Harry's the Boy-Who-Lived. He could get whoever he wanted. Draco always feared that Harry would use him and leave him. And that's what happened. Harry used Draco for sex and then went off to go snog other people.

Draco started hyperventilating. He couldn't stand the thoughts running through his mind. He couldn't ignore what happened. He always knew that this would happen, so why was it affecting him so much?

Because he loved Harry. And that made the situation even worse.

Draco eventually started to get his breathing to calm down, but he kept crying.

Down in the Slytherin common room, Blaise punched Harry in the face. He was seething with anger.

"What did you do?!" Blaise yelled.

"I didn't do anything! What are you talking about?!" Harry yelled back.

"Listen up Potter," Blaise said as he pinned Harry to a wall. "Draco is my best fucking friend. I know him better than anyone on this God damn planet. He never cries. Never. So for him to be sobbing his eyes out means something is really wrong. He ran up to his dorm sobbing and hasn't come out yet. I tried getting into his dorm, but he put a locking charm on it. I can't get in, teachers can't get in. Somethings wrong," Blaise said with worry. Tears formed into his eyes.

"If you did anything to him, I will hurt you. Don't think I won't do it. You better say the rosary Potter, because if you hurt my best friend, you're going to need God on your side," Blaise whispered brokenly.

"Where is he?!" A voice shrieked. Narcissa ran in the common room with Lucius. "We got a call saying Draco locked himself in his room. What happened?!"

"We don't know!" James said.

"I'm going up!" Lucius said.

He ran upstairs to the dorms and knocked on Draco's door. "Draco, it's dad. Can you please open the door? We're really worried,"

Draco didn't answer, and Lucius panicked. He quickly performed a charm to unlock the dorm room door and opened it quickly. As soon as he walked in he heard Draco crying his heart out in the bathroom.

"Draco?!" Lucius yelled.

Lucius ran to the bathroom and saw his son hugging his knees to his chest. Draco looked up at his dad, and Lucius' heart broke.

"Draco what happened?" Lucius asked as he knelt down. Draco shook his head. "You can tell me, it's okay,"

"H-Harry cheated on me," Draco whispered through gasps.

"What?" Lucius said in disbelief. Draco sobbed more.

"I saw him kissing another girl," Draco sobbed. "It hurts so bad, dad,"

"Oh Draco come here," Lucius said quietly. He brought his son to his chest and held him as he cried. "I'm so sorry,"

"I knew I wasn't good enough for him in the first place," Draco cried. "But why did he have to use me?"

"I don't knew Draco, I wish I knew but I don't," Lucius said. His heart dropped when he thought of something.

"Draco, were you hurting yourself in here?" Lucius asked quietly.

"I tried," Draco whispered. Lucius' heart broke. "I couldn't do it though. I was too much of a coward," Draco sobbed.

"I have to get you to the hospital wing. We'll talk more after we make sure you're okay," Lucius told Draco. Draco nodded and wrapped his arms around his neck.

"I don't wanna walk," Draco sniffled.

"I'll carry you then," Lucius told him. He picked Draco up and carried him out of the room.

Everyone was waiting anxiously for Lucius to come back down with news. Everyone gasped as they saw Lucius carrying a sobbing Draco out of the common room.

"What happened?!" Harry yelled as he ran over. Lucius hissed and took Draco away from Harry's reach.

"Don't do that, Harry. Don't act like you care about my son," Lucius hissed with venom in his eyes. He walked out of the room, leaving all eyes on Harry.

"Act?! What do you mean act?!" Harry exclaimed.

"What the fuck did you do?!" Blaise yelled as he ran after Harry.

"Woah woah woah stop!" James said as he stepped in the middle of the two boys.

"Where were they going?" Lily asked.

"The hospital wing," Narcissa whispered. She gasped. "He must have hurt himself!"

"I'm going to kill you Potter!" Blaise screamed.

"Do that later, we have to go make sure Draco's okay!" Harry yelled as he ran out of the room.
------------------------
what happened???

Find out next chapter

~Kittay 💋