Chapter 8 - Missing Piece

Începe de la început

“What happened to me?  Hell, the things you do to me and my wolf is fighting me to mate with you.  THAT’S what happened.  I lose control when I am near you, babe.  I don’t know how much longer I can rein my wolf in.  I’m trying to slow down babe, believe me I’m trying.”  He let her go and settled her on his side.  He scrubbed his face with both his hands and through his mane, looking very exasperated. 

“B. I’m sorry.  If I hadn’t kissed you this wouldn’t have happened.  But I am as powerless as you.  My wolf just goes crazy when I am near you, too.”  She clutched the blanket tighter to cover her shivering body. 

He knew they were both struggling.   He had everything planned out for the coming weeks; all he needed was for Queran to settle first in their home and fully recover from her wounds before the mating.  Not add to it dipshit.   But damn his mate is just too fucking hot for his sanity.  He saw how vulnerable she is now; he moved her back to his lap and cradled her there.

“We need to talk about what is going to happen in the next couple of days baby.  I’m going crazy of want and need for you.  Can you handle that?”  He looked at her in earnest.

“Of course B.  What do you want to talk about?”  She rested her forehead on his chest and bit him.

“Arghh, baby.  Dammit.  We have to get out of this bubble into neutral ground, it’s becoming too hot in here for my sanity.  Come with me.”  Queran was giggling as they got up to walk towards his study.  He loved the sound of her giggles.  Hell he loves everything about her.  They walked down the hallway on the west side of the house to a room she has never seen yet.   They entered yet another modern room and even if this was his space, he kept to neutral colors like terra cotta in this case.  There was a red leather chaise longue beside yet another fire place, perfect for reading.  Pictures upon pictures of Keegan and his family and friends adorned the shelving on top of it.  Keegan walked behind his mahogany oak desk and fired his laptop.  Queran, on the other hand was browsing through the titles in the library and then the pictures.  He watched her again, staking claim to every single part of this room. Queran picked up a picture of Keegan flanked by his buddies at what appeared to be a graduation.  He looked eye catching in his white shirt, blue tie and toga.  His hand was raised holding on to his scroll and the other a fist pump in the air.  He appeared to have had a time of his life.  She caressed the photo lovingly and for some reason, seeing this, Keegan felt really warm and uncomfortable in the nether region.  He cleared his throat.

“Baby, come here please.”  He reached for his hand and Queran, after placing back the frame, reached  for it.  He sat her on his lap and they both faced the screen.  He opened a window on what seemed like a forecast or a calendar.

“A week from today, babe will be the full moon.  It’s tradition for the pack to gather in a celebration.  We welcome new members, families and celebrate pups who just shifted, couples who just found their mates – the mating ritual, the Nύptiis is the most joyous celebration.”  Keegan began to explain.

“Like a wedding?”  Queran cooed.  Keegan’s breath hitched at the realization.  “Wow. I’ve never been to one.  Back in our pack we only had initiations for new members, a simple gathering for newborn pups.  But I’ve never been to…. Are you smirking at me, alpha?”

Keegan snorted and kissed her on the lips as he said. “You are just too beautiful.  Your eyes glow when you’re happy and I love seeing that on you.  I would love nothing more than to put that on your face, every time.”  Queran smiled more coupled with a blush.  Keegan let her stand and led her hand to sit on the chaise.  He lit up the automatic fire place and walked back to his desk.  Queran was looking at the flames and he could see the reflection dancing in her eyes.  Without taking his eyes off her, he covertly opened a chest drawer and grabbed the velvet box.  This is the perfect time.  I have to make her mine officially.  Slowing down be damned.  Keegan contemplated as he walked back to her.  He knelt in front of her and took her hand, palm up and kissed it.  Queran was wide eyed in anticipation; her irises were turning a bright yellow, his eyes reciprocated in their deep sea blues.  The heightened emotions filled every space of their bubble.