Chapter 17: Nothing is Something

Почніть із самого початку

"Are you going to be mean to her?"

"No, I promise. I just want to meet her before it gets serious, so then if I don't like her it'll be easier to get rid of her." She laughed. "I'm just kidding. I'll play nice."

"You're not joking at all, so no."

"I am. I promise. I'll be nice if you set up a double date. You, me, Trey, and this girl."

"Okay, fine. We can do it sometime next weekend."

She nodded. "Food's ready!" I sat at the counter on a bar stool. She put a plate in front of me and poured me juice. Fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, greens, and a biscuit. I prayed then began devouring it. "You better hope your future girl can cook because you eat like a pig." She shook her head.

"If she can't I'll just come to your house for dinner every night."

"Hell no!"

"Some best friend you are. How do you like you and Trey's relationship so far?" I asked in between bites.

"It's been chill so far for the most part. I wish he wasn't always buying me stuff, but I quit arguing and just take it now. I'm really not sure this'll go that far, but enjoying each other's company is enough."

"What else did he buy you? This food good then mutha fucka!"

"Quit talking with your mouth full, but thank you." She laughed, "He bought me clothes, shoes, bags, all that stuff I can buy myself. I didn't even want our relationship to be public, but he posted me on his instagram."

"You're lucky he's even claiming your ass in this industry. Especially when he's Trey Songz, someone who's for the ladies. Quit complaining and enjoy the ride, Bernice."

She sighed, "I'm trying."

Bernice

Dave and I were watching tv when Trey walked in. As soon as he saw Dave his facial expression changed. Ever since Dave left it's really been just Trey and I. I went to thanksgiving dinner with him and his family and we were basically a couple from that day on. I haven't talked to Robb in awhile either. Trey and Dave sent a head nod towards each other. I'm guessing they're still not cool. Trey went to the kitchen and Dave stood up. "I think I'm going to get going." I already knew it was because Trey was here.

"You don't have to."

"Naw, I gotta go see my mom. She's probably pissed I wasn't at her place waiting when she got off of work."

"Okay, let me know about that double date."

"Alright. And since when did Trey get a key?" Dave whispered.

"It's supposed to only be for emergencies. In case something happens to me since I don't really have family."

"Then I should get a key too. I'm basically family. I've known you longer!"

"It's just a key, Dave. Don't turn this into a competition. Goodnight, David." I pushed him out of the door locking it. As soon as I turned around Trey was there scaring me and making me jump.

"Why was he here?" Trey asked.

"He just got back in town, so I made him dinner. I said the key is only for emergencies, Trey."

"I saw his car here and I was making sure you were okay. It was an emergency. You never know."

"Do I need to take the key back? If you're going to abuse it then I will."

"I'm not abusing it. I was looking out for you! And Bernice I don't want you hanging out with him anymore."

"Who?" I asked making sure he really wasn't making such a stupid request.