Chapter 17: Nothing is Something

Dave | A month later

I was finally back in New York after my mini tour. It was a couple of days shy of being Christmas, so I came back right on time. I was at the airport waiting for Nyemiah to pick me up. While I was gone Nyemiah and I got pretty close by texting all day and facetiming or talking on the phone at least once a day. For once a chick was being straight up with me about what she wants. A car pulled up to me and she got out. She hugged me super tight then for the first time we kissed. "I missed you!" she said pulling away from me.

"I missed you too. Can we go? It's cold then a bitch out here!" One thing I can say was I didn't miss this NY winter weather. She laughed then I put my bags in the trunk. As she drove I texted Bernice. I hadn't really spoken to her much since I left. From what I saw on both her and Trey's instagrams they were in an actual relationship now. That probably had something to do with us barely speaking. Bernice was the type to disappear when she got somebody.

Me: I'm back!!

BB: Finally! I was beginning to think you were never coming back, big head. Want to come over 2night for dinner? I'll cook something.

Me: Yeah, I'd love that

BB: What do you want?

Me: Fried chicken!

BB: Black ass lol alright I got you. 6ish?

Me: I'll be there

I locked my phone then Nyemiah reached over touching my face gently. "I'm glad you're back. It was nice getting to know you from afar, but I'm glad we can see each other in person now."

"Same here."

"When we get to your place I want to show you something..Well, more like give you something."

I smiled, "Whatchu gonna give me?!"

"You'll see!" She said looking at me smirking.

"I think I'm going to like this. Got a nigga excited!" She laughed.

---

I definitely did like what Nyemiah gave me. What man wouldn't like lingerie and that first time sex? It wasn't just sex that shit was kinda special. Like I'm really feeling her. I must be because I cuddled with her. Now I wasn't at the level where I'd kiss her first, but if she kissed me it's whatever. At about 5 she left going back to Queens then I drove to Manhattan to Bernice's condo. When she let me in she practically jumped in my arms screaming, "Dave! I missed you."

I laughed. "Did you really miss me or are you putting on a show? It didn't seem like you missed me. You never texted or called me while I was gone."

"I know. I've been busy with work. The food's almost ready."

I sat down on the couch while she went to the kitchen. "Why is yo ass lying?! You didn't seem busy while you was all over the gram with Trey."

"Oh, shut up!"

"Naw, forreal. Y'all togetha now?"

"Yup."

"I thought.." I cleared my throat preparing to mimic her, "I'm not looking for love!"

She laughed. "I don't sound like that! I guess things change." She said shrugging.

"I guess they do. Well then I guess I'll tell you I'm sort of kinda talking to someone."

"Sort of kinda or are you?"

"I am" I smiled.

"Somebody's happy! We should have a double date, so I can meet this chick."